Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the lfs last night and bought another red. his name is snippy, he's alot smaller than my other ps, (only about 2.5 - 3") and has his own tank (only a 10 gallon) I was going to put him with my other two in the 30 gallon but they got after him after he went into their cave. i am thinking about getting one or two more of the same size and feed them lots of beefheart until they get bigger and can put them all in a 125 gallon this christmas. Anyone have any suggs? Oh and why do they freak out when I walk in the room? The bigger ones just hide until all the light are out and the new one freaks out too when i walk in and hits his head on the sides of the tank trying to get away?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
redbelly's are very skittish piranha's my freind...i have a 7,6,5 inchers and they freak when i walk near the tank, its just in their blood i guess u can say...the reason why your other p's went after him is because hes new...u could try to take them all out, re-arrange the decor (it gives a new environment effect) and drop them all in at the same time, then there should really be no problems...having 2 in a 30g is "technically" wrong because your not supposed to have just 2 because they have no one else to fight with other then eachother..hence they could fight til death...u should drop the other guy in after you moved around some decor and sh*t...id recommend holding off on getting a couple other p's until you do get this other tank...hope that helps

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Yeah I have a suggestion, GET A NEW TANK. Don't buy anymore fish until you can provide them with the correct amount of space. A 10 gal is way to small for any fish first off, and so is a 30 gal. You will never get good growth in a small tank. The reason the fish run intothe glass is because the tanks you have them in are WAY too small.

Get atleast a 75 gallon tank for your 3 reds. You shouldn't keep piranhas if you cannot afford to provide them with the basic needs, like tank space, great filtration, great diet, etc.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Yeah I have a suggestion, GET A NEW TANK. Don't buy anymore fish until you can provide them with the correct amount of space. A 10 gal is way to small for any fish first off, and so is a 30 gal. You will never get good growth in a small tank. The reason the fish run intothe glass is because the tanks you have them in are WAY too small.

Get atleast a 75 gallon tank for your 3 reds. You shouldn't keep piranhas if you cannot afford to provide them with the basic needs, like tank space, great filtration, great diet, etc.
instead of making points for putdown on the guy why not give him nicer helpful ways like i did....COULD U SEE HE SAID HES GETTING A BIGGER ONE FOR X-MAS....sheesh...look at his post counts, hes just getting fish happy thats all, thats why hes posting up in here, so he can learn more..take a chill

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to iceman for realizing whats going on here. No thanks to leisure, this is the 2nd time hes put me down. Get a life. I know they are both too small and I AM just trying to learn so ease up on me a little bit. To say the least I am infatuated with ps and it is driving my girlfriend nuts because thats supposively the only thing we talk about. But geez man, I'm getting a 125 gal for christmas. the fish will only be in the 10 gal for a couple weeks. Why do you have to be such an ass about it?

Anyways.I am not going to get any more ps until the bigger one. There just isnt enough room and I do realize that but I dont think one baby piranha in a 10 gallon is going to hurt for a few weeks now do you?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
lol....My gf hates it too....just do what i do and keep buying tanks..hahah

good luck with the new tank and all...its addictive so watch out!
Just be sure to check and maintain the water parameters of that 10 gal while you're P's are in it. That way if something happens you can fix it pronto...

..oh and my p's smash their heads into the glass in my 75 gal...and they have plenty of room

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah she keeps getting mad at me because I am either on this site or checking the levels on my tank or feeding them, etc. But I am already addicted, I cant tell you how much money i have spent trying to keep up the tanks... and i am about to get a 125 gal as I mentioned and hopefully get rid of my 10 soon and get a 35 gal to keep where the 10 sits now. I might even have a chance to get another large tank soon for really cheap and if all works out the way its planned I will have two large tanks able to support a bunch of reds, and hopefully some cichlids in the other. We'll just have to wait and see.

Pretty soon my house is going to look like a fish store. lol!

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
your fine man. Just look at it like this, if I told you, you couldn't go outside your room until christmas you would probably get anxious and be ticked off, thats probably how your piranhas feel, the sooner the 125, the better

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I know I might be getting a 75 too, but they wont be in there much longer... its going to be an early gift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts