Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Here's one I picked up today . It's only about 1 1/4" long. He's really aggressive and had eaten the most of the tails off 6 feeders within an hour and killed and eaten about 1/3 of 2 more within a couple hours.

Any epinions?lol
The tank was marked black piranha.
I'm happy with it whatever it might be.
Thanks .

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Hard to tell when that small, but looks like a little P. Nattereri. Dont hold me to that!
I think so also.

~~Dj

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
It looks nothing of the juvi rhom I have. I would say Natt as well but it is very hard to tell at this young age.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
The little rhoms I have seen have a very large mouth compared to Nattereri and are much more elongated. That is why I dont think it is a rhom. But I am not a pro!

·
Registered
255 Posts
My little Rhoms body is similar to your pic, but the head and mouth are different. Could you post a pic with a different angle of the head?

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid 15 Canadian for him. He's a hog. There are 2 feeders out of 6 left in the tank with him(both without tails) I can't believe the amount he's eaten in the past 24 hours.
I'll have to go back for an adjustment in price.
Thanks Guys.
Pete

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would agree with frank seeing as how he's one of the leading experts on this site. P.nattereri. looks exactly like mine at that size and the 5 my bro has now.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
price doesent matter as long as u get a nice healthy piranha that u love.my candy apple reds(thats the s.a. name for them)were $50 each for 2-3"and i love them and would of paid more if they were

so please dont compare prices there is no need for that

·
Goldfish Chunks In Teeth
2,505 Posts
Death in # said:
price doesent matter as long as u get a nice healthy piranha that u love.my candy apple reds(thats the s.a. name for them)were $50 each for 2-3"and i love them and would of paid more if they were

so please dont compare prices there is no need for that

very nice looking p winkyee.....

im glad he eats so well...

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I picked up 2 more a couple days after and got a deal on them with a few plants .I can't believe how fast they grow compared to rhoms.
I like the java moss I picked up with them, seems pretty foolproof.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I aint no expert, but he looks like the 5 RB fry I got right now. Sorry I dont use the technical terms like the other folks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts