Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Damn...you can never predict what will happen with your Ps...i have 9 Caribas and 1 of them was attacked today after they ate about 30 small feeders, water parameters and temp. where right, have enough room... they've been together and doing fine for months but now the victim was one of the smallest (maybe my favourite)...he is fine but very scared (once bitten twice shy)...he lost a big part of his tail but i know it will heal within a couple of weeks (you know about their amazing healing capacity)...i decided not separate him (maybe i'm risking his life) since i don't want to get into their problems...i believe he should solve it by himself, that's the way i understand their nature...time will tell...!

I'm so angry...first time it happens to me after many years collecting Ps...my Caribas always fight due to their very aggressive but natural territorial behavior but it's the first time i see a major wound...the worst thing is i don't know who is the aggressor and will never know...damn!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Good luck with them. I guess if you didnt decide to seperate, the wound cant be that bad.

Keep us posted.

~Dj

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
good luck..hopefully he recovers quick...keep us update...if you have a digi-cam take pic's like to see your shoal...

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Sorry to hear, hope things go well for him.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I feel your pain. I lost a red that very same way (damage was a lot more severe), It was funny in a way because I was actually mad at the rest of the shoal. I gave them dirty looks.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
its bad when sh*t like this happens but what can we do .
hope everything works out fine
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
As usually stated, Ps are all unpredictable!! Sorry for what happened. Good Luck!!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If it is a major bite to the tail like you said, it might heal but it may not grow back that portion of the tail that was bit off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts