Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
My idea is to send mass PMs to every one instead of the announcement forum, that way you can be insured that everyone will read your announcements

I remember a long time ago there was a poll at pfish about how many read the announcements and it was about 33% or something I think

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Xenon said:
mass pm's get annoying.
Exactly why we don't right now. Though I have been tempted. If there's something important enough then I probably would, but that kind of thing is definitely best left to a bare minimum. The numbers of people who voted in that poll were dismal, seems many people just read what they think is interesting. The portal page is one way to get around mass PM's.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
If people really want to be updated with whats going on, then they can check the announcements, other than that there is no need for mass PMing.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Xenon said:
Snow - I am in the process of adding a ShoutBox to the portal among some other things!
Sweet sounds good...
... a shot box is something that stays on the main page and users can display messages in. It only occupies a small portion of the main page and is benificial in my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.