Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not trying to get them to spawn, they are just my sons two angels in a 40G. this is the second time eggs have shown up on the filter intake tube (1st time was a no-go)and my son and I would like to hatch'em and grow'em up. I have been doin some searching on the web for info on breeding angels and some say to take the eggs out and put them in a small tank with aeration and and some anti-fungal meds (blue somthing or other) and in 3-5 days they will be "wigglers". and some say to just leave'em in the tank with the parents. also, I am unsure if we have a male and a female, or 2 females, because I have yet to actually see them in the act. (which I read is the only way to tell) so I am not sure if they are even getting fertilized. I'm just wondering if anyone on this site has any pointers they could share to increase our chances of hatching (besides finding out for sure if we have a male, I am gonna try and keep a better eye on them for round 3)

Thanks,
Gaijin987

·
Registered
19,242 Posts
Well I use to breed angels awhile back also-I did nothing special for them-Just let the the parents do what they are gonna do!!! I wasn'y trying either-It just happened-Sorry I really cant give ne more info-It was just one of those freak occurances!!! I have since then sold them after raising around 10 batches of fry-Fed the fru just like one would ne other fry-

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

The parents ate all the eggs

but no biggie
we are going to keep a close eye on them for round #3 and see if we do actually have a mated pair or just an overzealous female laying eggs with no male around to fertilize. I'll post on our progress

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.