Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I have never used this....but looks like it is worth a try. I would test it out with another testing mechanism just to make sure its accurate....maybe take a small tank off to the side and turn off the filter and see if it steadily goes up....

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
id try it by getting a bucket of water and then peeing in it and seeign if it went higher lmao

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just bought a Doc wellfishes brand ammonia tester about a week ago. I tested all 3 of my tanks and they were all at 0ppm (Bright yellow). It seems prety accurate.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah i dont bother with them, theres really no need in my opinion if you dont have a huge tank room and if you do regular maintanence

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
They are garbage. I bought 2. And threw them away.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
There was a past thread about these ammonia testers. Honestly, they do work.. for a community tank!! Considering the size tanks we have and the kind of fish our Ps produce, you'll need to use a better and accurate system.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
yeah that is what me and kev use and also I think his friend Jeremy uses it as well,we haven't had any problems with it, they work great to me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya i got one of those doc wellfish things too, not sure if thats what its called, it has a pic of a fat fish with a doctors robe and i think a notebook or something. Its pretty good.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Wow... I had it in my 55g cichlid tank, and the sensor read 0 since day 1.

But I stuck the tester in my 10g feeder tank, and within 15 mins it turned to the "Alert" level (the 2nd lowest level after "Safe".

Then I put it back in my 55g again. Within a half hour it went back to the "Safe" reading. Then I put it back into my 10g again and it went back to "Alert".

so, IT WORKS!

time for a water change in the 10g now

for a mere 7 bucks, I am happy. And to think, all the more conventional, manual forms of ammonia testing cost at least 9 or 10 bucks. Woohoo.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I tested my tap water with a regular kit for ammonia and gotten 6ppm.
Ran that thing under the faucet and read safe.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
they should make one for the nitrites they are prolly working on it now that would be helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts