Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use ammolock as my regular water conditioner as it removes chlorine and chloramines. Is this a good thing? I do not bother buying a separate product because I figured it solved three problems all together. Also, I know many people say you cannot technically overdose on water conditioner but I am guessing that you can overdose on the ammolock. When I had massively high ammonia levels I added like three times the dose with no problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use ammolock as my regular water conditioner as it removes chlorine and chloramines. Is this a good thing? I do not bother buying a separate product because I figured it solved three problems all together. Also, I know many people say you cannot technically overdose on water conditioner but I am guessing that you can overdose on the ammolock. When I had massively high ammonia levels I added like three times the dose with no problem.

Thanks
AMMOLOCK can be some deadly stuff!
I would not recomend it, if ur doing water changes simply use stress coat. U can pick up stress coat that has tap water conditioner(to break down chloine) from petsolutions.com or thatpetplace.com a gallon is only 25 bux.

If you have ammonia levels order your self some marc weiss bacter vital, screw bio-spora its way to expensive stoping you from being able to dose often with water changes. To be a dominating bacteria over ammonia..

You also shouldnt change water untile u begin to notice ammonia drop off. AMMO Lock will not do anything beside give you false readings once used. I highly recomend you flush it before you end up flushing ur fish instead.. Ammonia burn will take out a serria p very fast.

If you have established filters from other tanks I would swap them out untile ammonia drops off to ZERO then start up your water changes 10% at a clip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts