Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Im doing a project on the American Dream for my English final and I was curious to know what everyone here thinks the American Dream is.

In colonial times it was life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. However, I think that has changed since.

EDIT: Please keep all derogatory comments about race/ethnicity to yourself and off this thread.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Life and Liberty and the pursuit of Piranha keeping! That is the American dream, need I say more?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
My dream to retire at age 40 after leading a sucsessful life with my wife (already got her picked out
) raising 2 kids a boy and girl. Having a house (about 2500 sq ft with 3 or 4 car garage) on 10 acres half wooded half not, on top of a hill about 10 minutes outside of a small city of say 50,000 in population. Have a MX track, and go cart track in the back yard, a pond with all sorts of North American fish

then inside have 2 huge aquariums one for piranhas, and one for sharks (preferably reef sharks, or tiger sharks (the real ones))

I dont want much do I?

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snow- I got enough Canadian in me...

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
This is a real queston, ass holes.

The american dream is what ever you make it be. Buy a house, have a wife or husban bepending on your sex, job, enuff money to be free but not rich as hell. A car or two. owning your own home, um maybe a kid.
Defending the bill of rights and using them for what they stand.

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
WHOA KAREN!!! Too much Canadian in you, eh?? Hmm... Snow... have you and Karen being seeing eachother w/o us knowing??

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SnowCichlid said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
Snow- I got enough Canadian in me...
too much information ...
... but you know you love it
EH
Ill get by...

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
Im doing a project on the American Dream for my English final and I was curious to know what everyone here thinks the American Dream is.

In colonial times it was life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. However, I think that has changed since.
I had to write an essay JUST LIKE THAT in 11th grade. If I still had the copy on me, I'd send it to you. Unfortunately, I dont even remember what I wrote

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
KumbiaQueens said:
WHOA KAREN!!! Too much Canadian in you, eh?? Hmm... Snow... have you and Karen being seeing eachother w/o us knowing??
Yah I go around banging all the female members on Pfury in my spare time... It's like a full time job....
:
....Joking.... cause if I did that my woman would kill me :sad:

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
P45- Thats because the class that Im taking is a junior class... long story...

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
its Pre-AP English right? American Literature. Where you sat thru Emerson and Thoreau and all those other blathering idiots, right?

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
the American dream is the freedom to choose your own destiny. to be the only one who chooses what you will do with your life. the right to succeed or fail on your own terms. the American dream is the right to speak up when we don't like the way something is.the American dream is the right to be a unique individual with sperate set beliefs, religion and culture as your class mates, friends, or co workers.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
piranha45 said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
its Pre-AP English right? American Literature. Where you sat thru Emerson and Thoreau and all those other blathering idiots, right?
It isnt called Pre AP English but it is a Junior English class and yeah we learned all about trancedentalism and read teh scarlet letter, huck fun, and death of a salesman. I never understood emerson and thoreau. Some of the things they wrote, made you question what they were really doing in their spare time that made them become one with nature.

As for the topic of this thread.

In my eyes I think today's youth is changing this dream. I believe now-a-days todays youth believe that everything should be given to them, instead of them working hard to achieve it. Im not saying all of todays youth is like this but the majority seems so.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
piranha45 said:
space dog makes a return debut!

personally I liked the witchblade stuff alot better
yeah i know
but i wanted a moving one!! i am looking to replace it a.s.a.p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.