Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I beleive on BBC1 this week they have an amazon week looking at the weird fish from the river.

Even a catfish that eats.... wait for it...... WOOD??

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
sweet il be watching that!

have ya seen that thing cbbc have been advertising, about a trip for 12-15 yr olds to take part in a 3 week trip to the amazon to try and help save pink river dolphins and some sort of monkey from extinction? i was pissed off coz im a year to old to apply!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
hughie said:
I beleive on BBC1 this week they have an amazon week looking at the weird fish from the river.

Even a catfish that eats.... wait for it...... WOOD??
[snapback]961700[/snapback]​
A lot of catfishes have wood in their diet

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
BBC1? dont have it in the us. I'd like to see that show.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Fresh2salt said:
BBC1? dont have it in the us. I'd like to see that show.
[snapback]962027[/snapback]​
Yeah, sounds like the UK'ers like it. I wanna see what it's all about...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Burf said:
Just saw the advert for it on tv, looks like the filming is going to be great, but the narration bollocks.

Just going to have to watch and find out!
[snapback]963045[/snapback]​
Just play a good CD and enjoy the images

I'm really looking forward to this series: footage of our beloved aquarium pets in the wild is very rare, so I can't imagine it won't be an interesting show!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
just seen it,it wasnt great but saw some intresting fish, but nothing i havnt seen before, just knifes, afew cichlids and a stingray along with some tiny catfish

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
i wish my wife would eat wood !!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pbass said:
I bloody missed it

[snapback]963696[/snapback]​
Dont worry, its on all week!

·
Danger
5,657 Posts
hmm, fairly good program a few shots of p's - i think they took them form wolves in the water tho. as it goes there were a pike cichlid, an armored catfish, some pleco, clown knife fish, some cichlid, a ray (moto i believe) and a gaul (sp?) sounds like 'ja rule' which is a massive catfish that has neve been filmed. but it eats eats men alledgedly....
tomorro there are shots of pink river dolphins, giant otters and probably rubbish shots of brown water.
i was really psyched for this program but it failed to deliver... ahwell
bring of the piranha shots!!!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Too much talking for my liking, but at least it was somewhat compensated with awesome underwater footage - hopefully the other 4 episodes show more action...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts