Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my most recent purchases, tell me what you think of the prices. The reason I ask is becasue when people ask me, i tell them, they are like "whoa thats too much" but i dont shop around for stuff, so you tell me...

5 baby RB (about the size of a nickel) - $55-60 AFTER shipping and handling.

2 baby silver south american arowanas -$25.00 EACH (bought local)

20 assorted snails (about 1/2-1 inch)- $32.00 AFTER shipping and handling

(4) baby crabs at $4.00 EACH (bought local)

What do you think?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh I forgot, we have 2 lakes and 2 ponds (the in ground ponds are a few thousand gallons each) but anyway i threw in feeder goldfish and they multiplied like crazy so i have been getting them free, but this is at our weekend house which is 2 hours away. So when i run out of feeders i buy them at walmart.

Feeder goldfish- .28 cents each/petsmart .24 cents each.

2 days ago i bought 30 feeders and thew them in the tank with 5 baby RB and 1 baby oscar they ate all of them in less than 24 hrs! No BS. i couldnt beleive it. I thought they would nip on the fins of the goldfish and avoid biting each other but i was wrong.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i stoped buying feeders at walmart because i found them always so small.your lfs probably can swing better deals.

G

·
on the silver arrowanas i think you did because i had got mines for 13 dollars... but my arrowana was only 3 inches how about yous?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
damn you definetly got jipped on the P's ... especially that small, P's usually gor on average for 20 bucks here, although smaller ones can go for 15 occasionally as it is the case in my local LFS now. And this is Canadian currency we are talking about... :O

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the 2 arowanas i have them in a 10 gallon isolation/feeder tank. they are only 3 inches a peice so its good for now. I am in the process of getting a 200+ gallon at my office so that is where they will be very shortly.

As for the piranhas they are in U.S. dollars. I found them locally for $15.00 a peice. I think the bad thing about buying live fish over the internet is 1) the risk 2) the price of shipping/handling 3) the wait (they couldnt ship the piranhas immediatly because of the extreme cold weather so i got the fish a month AFTER i had placed the order.

Next time i will order all my fish in the summer :rockin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, where I am I can get Ps all day long for $4.00-$5.00 no matter the size, but they are never BIG. Usually from smaller than a dime to the size of a quarter. I got one someone returned after he ate all their other fish :D $4.95 and about the size of a 50 cent piece. But, I'm sure shipping isnt cheap on fish!

Feeders I get 50 for $5.00

Downside up here, all my saltwater stuff is REDICULOUSLY over priced!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts