Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of ways to try and save $$$ on electricity with my 80 gal. Besides the basic setup in a tank, I run 2 302 Powerheads and a 350 Mag canister. I wanna know If I can just completely take out the powerheads and just run the Mag 350 for filteration and water current. And for my 125 gal, im thinking about taking out the 802 Powerhead completely and just run 2 404 FluVals, with the supply of bubble wands for oxygen. Thanks!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats true.. isn't waterflow a necessity? Plus I've also heard that you can connect a powerhead as an output to a Canister (say a Mag 350) as a substitute. Would that be possible?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Thats true.. isn't waterflow a necessity?
Surface disruption is neccessary. This can be caused by many ways and not just filters. Air bubbles do it, a power head can do it.
My 2 cents is that if you get rid of your power heads you will save probably 5 bucks a month, which is about 17 cents a day. If my fish are happier with a power head, I will spend the 17 cents a day for that.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
bobme said:
Innes said:
you don't need any filters, as long as you do water changes regularly.
:rock:
dont you want some water movment? And why risk it? Id keep them i think.
my point was not to get rid of filters, I strongly advise everyone with a fish tank to use filters, but the fish will not dye if you don't have them, as long as you keep the water good.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Innes said:
RhomZilla said:
AHHH.. Thanks MAD P!!

I have an Idea
your not going to hire a bouncy castle are you?
Well since none of you understand what I ment, I am going to kill the comedy aspects of my joke by explaining it, Rhomzilla had an idea
so I suggested it might be hiring a bouncy castle (which I knew it wouldn't be, because it is random and has no connection to the topic being discussed)
and for those who don't know what a bouncy castle is, it is one of those large inflatable castles that childern hire for their partys and jump on them, they are also commenly found at school sumer fairs.
OK now you might understand what I ment, but due to the fact that I have explained the joke, it is no longer funny

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Innes said:
Innes said:
RhomZilla said:
AHHH.. Thanks MAD P!!

I have an Idea
your not going to hire a bouncy castle are you?
Well since none of you understand what I ment, I am going to kill the comedy aspects of my joke by explaining it, Rhomzilla had an idea
so I suggested it might be hiring a bouncy castle (which I knew it wouldn't be, because it is random and has no connection to the topic being discussed)
and for those who don't know what a bouncy castle is, it is one of those large inflatable castles that childern hire for their partys and jump on them, they are also commenly found at school sumer fairs.
OK now you might understand what I ment, but due to the fact that I have explained the joke, it is no longer funny
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..those thing a ma-boppers..okay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts