Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was tank maintenance day, so I finish cleaning my 105gal and move on to my 80gal which only needed to replace like 3 inches of water missing due to evaporation (I'm getting a lid soon), anyway, I start filling it up with my python and forgot about it, my tanks are next to my desk so I'm just sitting there browsing when I start noticing this smooth watery sound, so I'm like "WTF?", I turn around and sure enough my tank was overflowing and looked like a waterfall
. It probably only ran for like a minute or so until I noticed but still, it made quite a mess, thank god my floor is made out of concrete.

So be careful guys, specially since most of you live in the US and have wooden houses/floors

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laugh it up man, it was a very stupid thing to do on my part, what freaked me out the most is that like 2 minutes before it started overflowing I almost went down to the garage to work on a canopy I'm building, I can only imagine how that would've turned out

·
These colours don't run !
4,944 Posts
you say you were browsing........what exactly?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Something similar used to happen to me with the old gravel vac and bucket. I used to leave it unatended and the bucket would begin overflowing. But its not nearly as bad as a tank overflowing!!

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
That almost happened to me. Now I just sit next to the tank and watch tv till it's done filling up.

·
8,410 Posts
I was working on my tank for the first time after I installed the sump, and figured I'd pump the water out of the sump back to the tank. Well, I wasn't considering the extra water in the system, suddenly I hear running water

The tank overflowed right onto my bed

First and last time I made that mistake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts