Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i was just wondering about alligators..... I kind of want a small one but i dont know how long i can keep it small..... theres a teacher at my school whos had one for some years now and its still pretty small i believe....well any and all info would be much appreciated

· reasonably awesome
7,332 Posts
Alligators and caimans do not stay small, and your teacher's is either very young or very maltreated---almost certainly the latter. Unless you have a 15'x15' enclosed space that can be heated to 85 F on a 24/7 hour basis, complete with a large tub of water to bathe/drink from-- that you will change EVERY DAY-- a crocodilian is not for you. Crocodilians are waay out of the keeping league of a 15 yr old, unless you do not attend school and your parents are fabulously rich.

So yeah, stick with a bullfrog or something.

· Registered
747 Posts
get a dwarf caiman itll get about 5 feet max....listen kid you really dont want a an alligator/croc....i have one and youve gotta have 5 things to own one....lightning fast reflexes, no fear, a high tolerance for pain, a lot of money, and a huge enclosure...i got bit by mine yesterday and i pulled my finger out just in time before he could clamp down, i never felt it and he put a 4 inch long gash from the 1st joint of my right index finger to the knuckle and curving from my knuckle down the top of my hand toward my thumb,i could see the bone on my middle joint...and im happy about it because if i didnt move my finger that fast id be counting to 9....think about it before you get one...or just go to walmart and buy an inflatable one.

· reasonably awesome
7,332 Posts
says the guy who keeps his juvenile croc in a 125g tank.

Jesus f*cking christ, we have the blind trying to lead the blind here.

If i was a 3 foot croc stuck in a 125g id be wanting to bite the sh*t out of the owner who was keeping me in those vile conditions too.

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
piranha45 said:
If i was a 3 foot croc stuck in a 125g id be wanting to bite the sh*t out of the owner who was keeping me in those vile conditions too.
[snapback]870253[/snapback]​
f*ck yeah

· Registered
2,040 Posts
piranha45 said:
[snapback]870253[/snapback]​
poor croc! Please tell me it isnt so...

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok guys well dont worry i wouldnt get an alligator anyways cause i know theyre a lot of work i was just curious........anyways i got a 40 gal and wanted to put some type of reptile in it (sadly it cant be a snake or trtles i wish i could i would get a royal (ball) python)......but anyways any good suggestions on some good reptiles that either like one big one or a couple small ones??

· Registered
5,349 Posts
I think your teacher is feeding you a line of sh*t!

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no acctually considering hes had it since my brother was a junior and he graduated 2 years ago do the math.........he just doesnt give it certain vitamins to help stunt its growth

· Registered
21 Posts
piranha45 said:
or you're just naive and gullible
[snapback]882087[/snapback]​
mrspikes the teacher knows what he's talkin about also theres a pet shop not far from my house and he has a 6year old american alligator thats only 3feet long and he said he did the same thing just fed it low nutrition food for about the first 8months of its growning life and its not animal curility for some of you people who were dropped at birth mr piranha45 just doesn't know everything like he thinks he does so if you want the alligator go for it!! it might not be to much work

· reasonably awesome
7,332 Posts
slow down there, you impudent little highschool airbag. here's what the experts have to say...

http://forums.waterwolves.com/index.php?showtopic=78558
http://www.herpcenter.com/showthread.php?p=22900#post22900
http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=710263,710263

The kingsnake link is now dead; a moderator at that forum emailed me and told me "do not get an alligator if you are considering this" and then deleted the thread.

now be a good kid and save yourself some emberassment by making sure your post count stays at 5

· Registered
21 Posts
Its okay i know you spend all your time and money with your fish and what not i have a life and don't waste all my time posting and trying to learn everything about aminals and sh*t you can continue thinknin your all high and mighty living in your parents basement with nothin goin for you but ill continue to be right and you can continue to be wrong Peace Out Piranha45

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.