Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hello Everybody!
1,647 Posts
I just skimmed through that website and found it really good for Fishkeeping 101 information.

But...

I'm very skeptical about the product itself. There are many claims made on that site (i.e. balances water chemistry, reduces nitrates, crystal clear water, contains no chemicals etc.) that are not backed up with any kind of additional info. That always raises a red flag with me. Through what mechanism does it lower nitrates? How does it balance water chemistry without adding "chemicals" such as buffers into it? It does tell you that it will only work if regular maintenance such as water changes and filter cleaning are kept up. Of course, if that was done, I wouldn't need the product. Can you look at the box and tell me what is actually in it that makes the product do all that it claims? Many basic water clarifiers will clear up your cloudy tank practically overnite but will not fix the initial cause of it.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DonH said:
I just skimmed through that website and found it really good for Fishkeeping 101 information.

But...

I'm very skeptical about the product itself. There are many claims made on that site (i.e. balances water chemistry, reduces nitrates, crystal clear water, contains no chemicals etc.) that are not backed up with any kind of additional info. That always raises a red flag with me. Through what mechanism does it lower nitrates? How does it balance water chemistry without adding "chemicals" such as buffers into it? It does tell you that it will only work if regular maintenance such as water changes and filter cleaning are kept up. Of course, if that was done, I wouldn't need the product. Can you look at the box and tell me what is actually in it that makes the product do all that it claims? Many basic water clarifiers will clear up your cloudy tank practically overnite but will not fix the initial cause of it.
[snapback]874868[/snapback]​
you know,it dosent say any thing on the box at all about any ingrediance or any thing.that is strange.ive tried alot of water clarifiers and none worked,this one did,but like you it makes you wonder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.