Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been doing water changes twice a week and its been a month n a half, it one point i started using algae fix but that didnt work.. its mostly on the gravel and it seems to come back the day after a water change, what should i do keep water changes or get somthin to get rid of it?

btw ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates are all at 0ppm and ph is 7

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does it look like? Is it brown, green etc..?

Is your tank getting hit with natural sunlight?
green and the tank mit get some sunlight from a window but its not direct and not by much, i doubt there is ever direct sunlight but could that do it? ill check tomorrow

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
yeh. how many hours a day is your light on? cut it back just to the hours that you are actally around to watch the tank.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh. how many hours a day is your light on? cut it back just to the hours that you are actally around to watch the tank.
yeh its on when i sleep n wake up so its deff gettin more than 12 hours so ill try n cut back on that n keep my shades down hopefully itll get rid of it..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nitrate is at 0???????????

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
yeh its on when i sleep n wake up so its deff gettin more than 12 hours so ill try n cut back on that n keep my shades down hopefully itll get rid of it..
[/quote]
By you doing that you should be fine also try dimming the lights with foil its good for you and your Piranha's.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
no need to "dim" lights in a pygo tank, so who have a planted tank will have grow lights,
the pygos will adjust to the light. sounds to me you have the lights on too much. might
want to get a timmer and set it and forget it. whats your feeding schedule like?

are you feeding too much? might want to think about currant too!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts