Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a serious problem of keeping my water clear in gf's 10 gallon community tank. The water is always has a green tinge. I've tried algone, I've tried everything. My big tanks are always crystal clear but this 10 gallon is driving me mad.
Maybe I should try shutting the lights off and covering it for a few days.

The 10 Gallon does recieve indirect sunlight. My big tanks are in the basement and do not recieve any sunlight. Maybe thats the problem but I need a solution other than moving the tank.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Try reducing the amount of time the light is on for the day.

If you have 2 25W bulbs, try one 15W (leave the other side empty). You probably wont notice a difference and it should help.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
reducew the amount of time youhave your lights on, maybe to something like 10 hours on a day, im not to sure on that though. You could also try putting alot of plants in their with a co2 system. That way the plants will use alot of the nutrients needed for the algea to grow

·
Registered
799 Posts
Azeral said:
The 10 Gallon does recieve indirect sunlight. My big tanks are in the basement and do not recieve any sunlight. Maybe thats the problem but I need a solution other than moving the tank.
[snapback]951220[/snapback]​
Is there anyway to block the sunlight from shining on the tank? Maybe cover it up during the day and uncover it at night to see the fish. One suggestion would be UV sterilizer that would kill free floating algae. The UV sterilizer are expensive so I'm not sure that is a good solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts