Piranhas Forum banner

Al Gore's movie

240 views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  beercandan 
#1 ·
i think this is a very well put together documentary and i think every person on the planet should see this movie. i dont know why there isnt more free energy. and i cant believe how many educational graphs he showed with the progressing problems global warming will cause. i think the most impacting part of the movie is when it shows how flooded the world will become when the huge ice caps begin to melt within the next 50 years. florida will be half the size because it will now be under water as will alot of the bay area and alot of manhatten including the location on the WTC memorial grounds are, not to mention the many other countries affected like japan and china. estimated 100 MILLION people will die if this flooding occurs as it progresses.

i highly suggest if anyone cares about their children and their childrens children PLEASE watch this movie and do every little bit you can to help. one of the easiest things is electricity consumption and car pooling or public transit. even chaning your lightbulbs will help reduce the amount of greenhouse gases. i really wish the governments around the world would look deep into this and also look at introducing more windmill and solar power, FREE ENERGY.

so if you give a damn about your future please take the time to watch this movie. and i hope if Al Gore runs again for president........... for the sake of the world......... i hope he gets elected, not only does he care about americans he cares about the world in general to invest so much of his life on trying to change the fate of this planet.

another staggering graph he showed is the population increse.......... it is expected to be 9.1 BILLION people by the year 2060, it currently hovers around the 6.4 billion mark and in the days of the baby boomer era the world population was only 2.2 billion.......... that is an increse of 6.9 BILLION people in only about 100 years but it took since the last ice age until the baby boomer era to only have 2.2 billion!!!!!!!!! this is a disgusting increase.

so dont think because you are one person you can make a difference....... with the help of 6.4 billion people we can all change the doomed fate of our planet. please try and make a difference.

Dan

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)

penn and tellers BULLSHIT show on Envirnmental Hysteria

ill see if i can find somewhere to watch Al gores movie online, see what all the hype is about

The main argument for global warming is that they say the world is heating up. But theres historical, and scientific evidance that shows the planet goes through frequent spikes and dips in average temperatures. And in some cases goes through drastic change for a long period of time all on its own. For the most part of earths history the planet wasnt livible for humans, only t-rex's

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Excellent point and excellent video....I love Penn and Teller's Bullshit series. I used to try to have these discussions here but most of the people who bring up Global Warming on this forum do so in an effort to draw a link between global warming and man...a point that is absolutely and 100% un-provable and, well, bullshit. When I say this, I typically get a few scattered emotional responses the equivalent to which are like, "Oh Yeah?!" Over the last two years I have responded to these emotionally based and factually vacuous responses with a challenge for anyone who would like to post a shred of evidence that links global warming to anything man has ever done. Unfortunately, this is usually where the argument turns even more emotional but to date, not one person has stepped up to the challenge.

Al Gore is a joke. His movie is high on hysteria and low on science.

#7 ·
Ok Penn & Teller's show here... is just showing that ppl are DUMB... and most 'activists' don't know waht they are ummm 'activating' for.. ha ha ha...... They are just a bunch of granolas......

I am not saying that there are not individuals that are knowledgable but well.. most aren't...

I like Penn and Teller's shows definately, but what kind of 'scientifc data' do they use to disprove it..?

You can't say, I don't need to prove it doesn't exist, if you are trying to tell someone they are wrong...

Meh regardless... I won't be alive to worry about those things..

#10 ·
Well, without going over this ALL over again...

Scientists DONT prove things. If you use the word 'prove' you're betraying the fact that you dont understand science.

Also, I dont agree with Gore being the one heading this up, simply because his persona polarizes conservatives against this. All people should recognize this threat.

I haven't seen the movie, but I fear he might have exaggerated things, which opens up a serious topic to more criticism. But the issue of so many cities being on water and the fact that glaciers and ice caps are melting leads to trouble any way you cut it.

It's real.

Are you guys going to make me dig for those threads?

FINE! I dug them up.

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/index.ph...120465&st=0

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/index.ph...=122321&hl=

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/index.ph...=128760&hl=

#12 ·
I haven't seen the movie, but I fear he might have exaggerated things, which opens up a serious topic to more criticism. But the issue of so many cities being on water and the fact that glaciers and ice caps are melting leads to trouble any way you cut it.

It's real.
I haven't seen it either, but the warning signs we see now are real indeed. And whether the present-day global warming is caused by man, only partially, or perhaps not at all, it's obvious that we have a troublesome future ahead of us (New Orleans will be repeated many times, that's for sure, and those are only the immedeately visible consequences) - no one can deny that very funky things are going on on Planet Earth, and that they need to be addressed (again, regardless of the reason why those funky things are going on on Planet Earth in the first place). Willingly and knowingly ignoring or even denying the problems of our planet, on which our children and their children have to live, is criminal in itself! Especially if you consider that it's only greed and selfishness that prevents so many in the position to make a change to take action, and help to give those that have a future after us actually have a future...

#23 ·
acestro

"For the most part of earths history the planet wasnt livible for humans, only t-rex's"
By saying T-Rex's i was just refering to crazy dinasours. But the fact taht the planet has only been habatable for humans in recent history (on the billions of years scale) is absoluty true

And Pen&Teller arent claiming to be experts, and they never said they were. The whole point of that episode was to show the debate is isnt over, we dont know that were causing global warming, we dont know that its actually happening. And we dont know if cuting of polution right now would change anything. Good thing for the hysteria bunch is we'll never get to the point of cuting of all polution so we wont get a chance to find out if it would have helped or not, my guess it wouldnt stop anything.

For all we know the planet is going to heat up, melt all the fucken ice, flood the f*ck out of plases in a 10 year period. Then after that the global temperature is going to drop, everything ice's up again and we have some nice ex coral reef skyskrapers to clean up

#26 ·
eh... it's so hard to sort through your posts... For the most part the history of the Earth wasn't inhabitable for humans or t-rexs. It didn't even have oxygen for the most part. So what?

There's a lot we dont know. True. But we do know that we, as humans, are having a very significant impact on the planet. We dont know if it's reversible, we dont know what will happen if it stays the same or gets worse. But we know more than you think we know.

We know that most of the world has accepted the fact, as have nearly all REPUTABLE scientists. That leaves stupid American politicians and stupid Americans. As a teacher of college and high school, I feel the need to help our great country understand this, and that's why I went out of my way on these threads to discuss something that takes a lot of time and explaining. I dont gain anything by this being right, I'd actually prefer it all to be wrong!

#27 ·
whats the name of the movie???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.