Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I want to get an airstone for my tank. Do I just need to buy the airstone from the LFS. Or do I need to buy something else for the airstone to work? When I had my powerhead at the top of my tank my p's were scared shi*less so I took it out. Do you think the airstone will scare them also?

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
shouldn't mine love the bubbles from the powerhead they get upset if i turn them off. i like the air things that make a wall of bubbles. all you need is the air compressor some tube and the air stick or air stone.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
airstone are cool effect.i personally like the air wand..there cool looking..you can get a bunch of different kinds.should have no problem..the p's might try to nibble on it thats the only problem i see with it..all you need is a airpump,tubing and airstone of choice.hook up and wa-la .i think your p's might enjoy it...bubbles..

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
i used a bubbel wall and they tor it in 3.
. i just stick the air line tubing rate in the tank.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
piranha 13 said:
How much does an airpump/ commpressor cost?
they range...$10 to $80.and some are more quieter then others

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I seriousli recommend it. My Caribas love it and play trough the bubble wall everyday!

It worth what you pay!

I use Bubble Wall by Plenn Plax!

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Mr. Hannibal said:
I seriousli recommend it. My Caribas love it and play trough the bubble wall everyday!

It worth what you pay!

I use Bubble Wall by Plenn Plax!
yeah. thats the same one i bought at wallmart. they tor it up.

i guess i didnt poke enough holes in it.

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
i have 2 four inch air stones and buried them in my rocks. work great. although the tubing can get in the way unless you try to hide it. but definitely worth it. i got an air pump for like 8 bucks, a valve for water backup for 2 bucks, and tubing for like a dollar. :smile:

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
yes i would recommend getting a airstone i have a 803 pump paid $25.00 canadian i found anything smaller doesnt work good for a 12'' long stone. make sure you spend an extra $1.50 for a check valve it will iliminate water to sifon out if your pump shuts off.so you can hide it underneath your stand so it's quite.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
marco said:
piranha 13 said:
How much does an airpump/ commpressor cost?
go to http://www.bigalsonline.com they have the best prices.
yes that store is a good site, i like them a lot.
I dont see any prb with a Air wall, i am going to have one also. However my tank backing will be diffrent then yours and most peoples on this sites so ... maybe mine .. or .. well mine will be much diffrent then yous.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
definately get the water back up valve. It will save your pump. I have a bubb;e disk and three 8" bubb;e wands in my community tank in the living room. My fish love it, I guess it massages them. And it's great eye candy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got a 12" in mine and they play through the bubbles all the time. One of the guys at my lfs said it would drive them crazy...it did his. Depends on the fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts