Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how fast you have to be going for the airbags to go off in an accident? I was just in an accident were some one cut me off and ran me into a street sign and a tree. My truck hit head on into the sign and tree at about 30-35 mph and the airbags didnt go off. Whats up

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
Sometimes its a good thing that they dont go off, because some cause more harm than good. Infact airbags have been known to cause injuries. So hopefully your okay...

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
i was in a simular situation, the van I was rideing in was towing a trailer and it lost control and struck a parked car and pushed it at least 50 feet and airbags never went off.no one was hurt though

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Well look on the good side, a friend of mine brushed the side of his truck up against a guard rail during a rain storm, the air bags went off and the price he was quoted to have them put new ones in is somewhere around $3000.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
check your car manuel it will tell you in there..but i thought it was usually pops going at a higher speed..55 and up..

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Air bags are triggered on impact. You can be at a stop and when someone hits you, they should automatically go off. Your speed on 30-35 mph should've triggered the bag, no doubt. But since your OK (thank goodness), you should be somewhat glad that it didnt go off. There've been stories of airbags inflating and decapitating, bruising and severly injuring people.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i am glad since no one washurt i am glad they didnt go off. but i am wondering wtf was there problem in the event that another accident occurs in the future. The tree I hit was dead on in the front of my truck. Thats why I am wondering what the deal is.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yea the thing that really sucks is the peice of sh*t guy who cut me off speed off after we hit. I punched it in reverse to chase his ass down but the staering was jacked up and I couldnt turn at all. So the f*cker got away free!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Do you remember what kinda car it was, or the first 3 numeri/letters? Cops can pinpoint the owners of a vehicle just by the yr, model and 3 digits on the license plate of any car.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
it actually doesnt matter how fast u are goin.it all depends on what u hit and how hard u hit it.stationary object or a moveable one.there is a front crash sensor mounted usually by the radiator.and it is a mercury or a ball switch.if the ball jumps out of it whole and slides to make an electrical contact the front bags should deploy.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
Sometimes its a good thing that they dont go off, because some cause more harm than good. Infact airbags have been known to cause injuries. So hopefully your okay...
I hear a statistic somewhere that airbags kill like 1 in 10 people that get in an accident. Of course something like 75% of stats are made up so...

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Xenon said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
I hear a statistic somewhere that airbags kill like 1 in 10 people that get in an accident. Of course something like 75% of stats are made up so...
that is very true if u dont were a seat belt it will usaully just break your nose.
but if u sit up close to the wheel there is a 80% chance that the airbag will snap your neck from the deployment.
there is even warning labels on visors that say sit as far away from airbag as possible

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Death in # said:
Xenon said:
Ms_Nattereri said:
that is very true if u dont were a seat belt it will usaully just break your nose.
but if u sit up close to the wheel there is a 80% chance that the airbag will snap your neck from the deployment.
there is even warning labels on visors that say sit as far away from airbag as possible
ya i saw those labels on my truck. I cant believe they didnt go off though cuz i hit dead center of the front of my truck into a stop sign and tree. oh well.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
pop the hood on your truck and look there are 3 - 4 sensors on it....there is one on the lower front end then there are 2 usually behind each headlight...if it was dead center...then you probably have 2 sensors and they are behind your headlights....so thats probably why they didnt go off...my sister got in a wreck at 10mph and hit a tree with the front left corner the airbag gave her 2nd degree burns on her face and arms broke both of her arms cuz it threw them off the steering wheel. u are very lucky it didnt go off and like i said before u can see your sensors probably so look at it and u will see why it didnt go off =)

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mtx1 said:
pop the hood on your truck and look there are 3 - 4 sensors on it....there is one on the lower front end then there are 2 usually behind each headlight...if it was dead center...then you probably have 2 sensors and they are behind your headlights....so thats probably why they didnt go off...my sister got in a wreck at 10mph and hit a tree with the front left corner the airbag gave her 2nd degree burns on her face and arms broke both of her arms cuz it threw them off the steering wheel. u are very lucky it didnt go off and like i said before u can see your sensors probably so look at it and u will see why it didnt go off =)
what exactly em I looking for. Im not sure what a sensor looks like?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.