Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, on saturday I was at a lfs and saw some baby red bellies and I just couldn't resist, I bought 4 of them and put them in a 5 gallon tank, then put the 5 gallon tank at the end of my 80 gallon so it didn't have to cycle (I rinsed the tank in some water from a water change, is that ok?) and I just put screen on it and tucked it under, and I guess one of the p's found a way out, because he is nowhere to be found

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Aww...poor thing!! Im sorry to hear that!!!
Did you find out how he made it out?!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only thing I could think of was a fold in the screen he might have found. I learned my lesson though, do things right the first time. the thing that really makes me mad is I paid like $15 bucks for a baby

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i know exactly what you mean, everytime i see a new piranha even if it is a red belly i just want to buy it and add it to my collection........... i need a 1000 gallon tank

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sorry to hear your lost, Jimbo.
No matter how mig or little your Ps are, loosing one is sad.

·
Registered
664 Posts
same here Phensway, every time I go to Big Als and see those reds and golds I just want to steal the tank and run

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
that sucks dude, yeah they only cost like at the most $10 for that size.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where did you find them for $10, the least I have paid for baby reds is 11.99 a piece at big al's

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
well the same thing happened to me accept at the time he was 3" and he was the biggest off all my p's i had to pay $30 for a red big enough to go with my guys and he wasn;t even that big he still got a chunk bit out of his gut but he is fine now. they heal some quick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts