Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 8 7"-10" reds in a 180gal i just added a $hit load of plants and a nice peice of drift wood that i payed an arm and a leg for. before i added the $hit, they would swim around together nicely and kill anything that i put in the tank. (when there was only gravel in the aquarium) now that i added plants ect. they are starting to get more aggressive and claiming territories. i watch them at night and they constantly try to bite eachother. how do i make them go back to normal?
i got p's with no fins left... (i added aquarium salt to help the fins)

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
take all out or arrange the tank differently.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm. they also eat more then they usualy do. im talking about a pound of beefhart every 3 days.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have 9 reds in a 120 with driftwood and 1 big plant and my ps are fine i keep them well feed other wise they start doing what you talking about

·
Registered
458 Posts
I also have 9 in a 120g with driftwood and plants. They are all cool. They did have a little nipping going on, but since I added a freebie Oscar that has stopped.

BTW...the Oscar has no tail now.

-Kevin-

G

·
I agree with the others try to have less cover in the tank if possible, in my tank i just have two large pieces of driftwood and floating plants i used to have a very heavily planted tank, and ill never go back to that with p's it just turned out to be a disaster with them constantly uprooting the plants and then the filters sucking em up etc... Move things around a bit and see how they are. Man those guys have a lot of room.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, and if they dont breed by the end of june. im going to duck tape them together in pairs...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I would put the cover around the edges of the tank, and keep the middle relatively clear for shoaling, and swimming.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i havent got my sisters digi camra yet, but i promise i will post pics. what i did was took everything out of the tank except my nice drift wood. and 1 amazon sword plant (fake). and last night i did a 40% waterchange to get the gravel cleaned all nice. after i put the water in they ate. and swam together showing no aggression. and they dont claim territories anymore. the tank looks very lager now. it looks sweet tho when u see the big schoal swim around together. dont f*ck with my p's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts