Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the second most aggresive snakehead, is it the cobra or the redline one ? I know that when they are small, the channa micropeltes (redline snakehead) is not as aggresive as when they become adult.

What I mean by aggresiveness is their way of killing and eating lotsa fish as well as eating large fish and big frog. I enjoy watching them chasing and eating their prey alive, large or small. I want to get one that really has some nasty attitute whereby they just keep eating a lot. Is cobra snakehead fit the description or should I go for the redline one ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
my rankings for the fishes i have kept are as follows
1. (most aggressive) Redline : FOR SURE
2. Auranti
3. channa lucius
4. Dwarf SHs

i have seen parachanna obscura in pet shops but they seem to be hiding all the time and scuttle about the tank when i go too close ----- as opposed to the redline or cobra which willl flare its gills in aggression --- maybe wat i saw were parachanna insignia ---> anyone can shed light on this matter?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My 4" redline is well aggressive will attack my breeding convict which is 3" an 2". An i have only seen aurantis aggressive to over snakeheads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I want my snakehead to be aggresive, shall I buy a few or just keep 1 in an aquarium ? Does more snakeheads in an aquarium reduce their predator instinct and their fierceness ? Also how is cobra compare to redline in terms of aggresiveness ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 3" redline, I put it in a 750Litre (200 gallon) tank which it is meant for until it outgrows.
It is currently in there with 2 Parachromis Dovii (Wolf Cichlid) both are about 4" and they are getting the sheeet kicked out of them by this nasty lil baastard!
Amazing to watch, owners must be sensible and not release into the wild.
He has already ripped a 6" saratoga Jardini in half. Didn't even bother to eat him! Ungrateful bugger!

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
A snakehead would be great to have..it's one of the fishes iv'e wanted to keep ever since entering this hobby!
Maybe it's time head down to Virginia and catch me one! haha If they are still in the Potomac(sp?)..im not sure if they are all gone or not.

·
Registered
976 Posts
we used to have a redline a.k.a. giant snakehead when i was eight years old, no fish compares he was super agressive and jumped out of the tank like 10 times. i heard that some dwarf species are not really aggressive tho.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
my redline used to ram into the sides of his tank hard (trained him not to pretty successfully) bite the glass all the time whenever im close and almost bite off my finger last time i put my hand in the tank. You want something nasty then go red SH, if you got the balls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts