Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
To tell you the truth man, there has been no advertising of this site. cfr3 advertised it a little on predatoryfish.net and we already have over 3000 visits in a months time. I really wanted to get my hosting situation settled before I advertise the sight too much.

My hosting situation was settled yesterday so I will start advertising a bit, if anyone wants to spread the word about this site & board, feel free!

-Xe

·
Registered
698 Posts
Advertising this board at Predboard did no good. This board was trashed there. Why not advertise in as many search engines as possible?

Oregon piranha has you advertised but you might think about going to other web sites on piranhas and pet stores, introduce yourself and see if they will provide a link if you do them the same.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Do a search and you will find the remarks. It was when this board was being introduced there for the first time. If I remember right, Wes defended our board there after the regulars did their usual bashing of anything that appears like competition to them.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I must admit I did the samething. I was a dumbass for doing so. I went so far as making my name here as predatoryfish.net
But I had xenon remove it and I signed in under my name that I use for all fish boards. Never again will I do that again before I believe trash talkers. I think they hate this site because of the mouse vid. :D

·
RHoM L0V3R
1,236 Posts
I put a link on my webpage to here. And I sent a few of my friends here. Hopefully I can spread the word about this place a little bit and get more members. 2500 members by June sound like a good New Year's Resolution?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yeah it seems that mouse vid really did stir up quite a contraversy over at Pfish.net. I dont really understand it. I am myself guilty of treating my fish to the occasional mouse or two in the past.

I have noticed that a few people have links to this site in their avatar over on pfish. Not exactly sure who it was, but that is how I found this site.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I dont give a sh*t about trash talking over at predatoryfish. Its a great site with a lot of good info. My friends and I used it to get started with our p's last year. This page and board are for people to use however they please.

I feel the good thing about this place is that it is so small now that we can really form a close knit community here.

But hey, I am glad how this is turning out and all the people that show support for this forum will be well respected members if this board ever gets to the size of pfish.net.

Xenon

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think its deeper than that and more simple. Then answer is not its a competitor but as saying "I'm better than you" kind of attitude. Therefore they don't want their status changed. Just like in life. I don't know why we all can't just get along and share our experiences. I learned my lesson, hope everybody does too.

SMTT

·
Registered
467 Posts
Another way to advertise is to do what I do. I put a link in my signature to a board I'm a mod at. Admins and mods can both do that. Its called shameless self promotion :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Things have improved over there since I first posted my remarks about Pboard. All I can say is; let's be as good or better than any other piranha message board. Not get into a competitive thing with the other board. Once we start to doing it as a competitive thing, then we lose focus and our credibility loses ground. So I say, lets take the high road and forget what the other board is doing. At least that is what I'm going to do from now on.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
i went around to my pet stores here in barrie ontario canada and posted posters of piranha-fury.com. i know it will turn out better then predatoryfish.net.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts