Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is such a newbie ? but I have to make sure my new P will be cool when he arrives. Ok, he is being shipped, so I am assuming that he comes in a plastic bag in some styrofoam container. So I obviously can't just throw his ass in the tank, what do I do, siphon a little bit of tank water into his bag? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And one other thing, how do they ship him in an enclosed container with enough oxygen for the trip? Thanks again.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Shipping fish is not that much to worry about if shipped by an experienced shipper. They are usually shipped overnight and have enough oxegen to make the trip. I believe they are also tranqued for the ride.

Once you get your fish, just follow the normal introducing procedure.

~Dj

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InSinUAsian said:
Once you get your fish, just follow the normal introducing procedure.

~Dj
I am not trying to make this painstakingly tedious but what do you consider normal introduction procedure?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
For me I dont like the transfer tank water from the shippers tank to mine. I dont suggest this to others, but I just transfer them straight to my tank from the bag. I dont like to keep them in that box water longer then needed.

The way that you should inclamte fish is to place the bag the fish come in in the water, letting them float in the new tank. This will adjust the water the fish came in to the temp of the tank. After a little while, allow some of the tank water in the bag, a little at a time. Eventually you can add the new fish to the tank. All in order to release stress.

~Dj

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
InSinUAsian said:
For me I dont like the transfer tank water from the shippers tank to mine. I dont suggest this to others, but I just transfer them straight to my tank from the bag. I dont like to keep them in that box water longer then needed.

The way that you should inclamte fish is to place the bag the fish come in in the water, letting them float in the new tank. This will adjust the water the fish came in to the temp of the tank. After a little while, allow some of the tank water in the bag, a little at a time. Eventually you can add the new fish to the tank. All in order to release stress.

~Dj
EXACTLY GOOD ADVICE DJ

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
yes, I do the same. I like to take my time when acclimating them just to be safe water temp is the same from bag to tank. Slowly add a lil bit of water at a time. your fish would be ready to be taken out the bag and into the tank in no time

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Congrats on the new fish. Just follow the directions above. And rearrange tank a little.Then your golden. And post some pix when done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will most definitely post some pics, B. Scott says she is a chunky and nasty 6 incher. She is coming tommorrow morning. Thanks for all the help fellas.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You will get top quality fish from B. Scott and nothing to worry about regarding arrival per shipping.

Dj(InSinUAsian) has the right method of introducing new residence in a tank. Somtimes I make a tear on the plastic bag, right above the water line, and spill aquarium water in the bag to mix before totally introduing and releasing the new P in the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts