Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know everyone's thoughts on this issue. I write this because I was a newbie and on many issues still am. For the newb's should speach be more technical in using the words...In My Opinion, From My Observations, or This is What I Think, or even My Recommendation would be...? Often I've seen people write down opinions without specifying that they are in fact just opinions...I'm not trying to slam anyone on here but I think it would just be beneficial for all of us(especially new members) if we included this speach when what we say is based purely on opinion and observations of our own piranha's.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True...but many new people to the board may not understand this. They may simply feel that we're here and know all there is to know about piranha's and take what people say as fact rather than opinion.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was simply doing this for any new people to piranha's and this forum. I know that when I first joined I took what people said to me as truth and it was not until I began to notice a varience in what people had to say about the same thing when I saw they were just opinions. Its different for a person who's new to piranha's to listen to what others say about certain issues then someone who has a clear opinion and/or belief to discern between fact and opinion. Just the other day I saw a post where someone was reading through a site and they asked a question about a serrasalmus nattereri. All I was aiming it was assisting new people at discerning whats opinion and what is a a fact or highly agreed to belief. Do you think that is beneficial?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This poll apparantly is not drawing a wide discussion like I thought it would. Oh well, I know its everyone's choice to write however they like. This is for all the newbies to piranha's or this board...I'm sure you've seen or will see that much of what is written is purely on a hobbyist level and about opinions and observations of our own tanks of piranha. Enjoy the site and if you want scientific data consult OPEFE!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was talking about what a newbie may read in threads to be opinions and not stated as such and the newbie thinking its the truth because they view or may view the person that wrote it as much more knowledgable and therefor what they say must be right. But this apparently doesn't bother anyone else besides me.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything that I say to be truth. You misinterpret this poll and thread. i just thought it would be beneficial for new people to see words like in my opinion when it is in fact just an opinion. That was my only objective of this thread...I could care less about someone believing what I have to say as truth and believe me...thats why I usually say in my opinion. Like I will say now...in my opinion this thread is not useful as I was hoping it would be.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Traumatic,
Tell me how what you quoted from me you think I was trying to get someone to believe what I have to say is the truth and not rather simply an observation or opinion. I believe you just misinterpreted what I wrote and that was not my intent like I told you before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.