Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read places where you can "buy" or well "adapt" baby turtles that are 4" or under. The reason why i say "adapt" is becasue you cannot legally buy that small of a turtle but anyway, has anybody tried this or thought about it?

My RB are co habiting with snails and crabs now but i dont know about a turtle?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
bad idea.... first off turtles are messy and with P's it would be total chaos for you filtration system... second off those shell creatures in your tank will not last much longer... and I do not recomend doing this... It could possibly survive temporarly but not too too long... the P's would pick at it or either the turtle might decide it wants a snack.... get a different tank for it
... but it would be cool if it would work though, but dont do it :D

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
please don't attempt this.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
ezlife said:
I have read places where you can "buy" or well "adapt" baby turtles that are 4" or under. The reason why i say "adapt" is becasue you cannot legally buy that small of a turtle but anyway, has anybody tried this or thought about it?

My RB are co habiting with snails and crabs now but i dont know about a turtle?
4" or under are illegal? i didn't know that. I wonder why?

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
all i could find is this

You agree that turtles under 4 inches in size can carry Salmonella Disease and they are not recommended for small children

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nitro,

I think that is why they were made illegal. Maybe unethical breeders were selling turtles with diseases and people got sick because of it and they made it illegal to sell turtles under 4 inches? This is what I think only, so I dont know for sure.

If anybody has the truth on it, let me know for curiosity sake. :rockin:

BTW, i will NOT add turtles to my tank. I guess your right, its a no win no win situation, someone will get eaten down the line.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
pure massacre.they'll attack it limbs.if not thatthe turtle will chop on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts