Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 55 gallon with 3 reds all about 5 inches and i want to get two more what would be a safe size to put in there. would it be ok to get reds that are 7-8 inches or should i get smaller i need all the info i can get. i am getting at least a 180 gallon in june.

THANKS....THEONE

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would get the same size. Give or take an inch less or more.Two reasons, If the new piranhas are bigger they might pick on your old ones and if they're smaller your old ones might pick on the new ones.

·
Registered
394 Posts
well, I would suggest getting fish that are as similar to yours as possible in size. I'd go with something along the lines of 5-6 inches. They are going to be cramped in that tank so make sure to give them plenty of hiding places and it wouldn't hurt to throw some dithers in there too.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I would go with the same size, an inch big or smaller wont matter.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yeah, same size would be best. Get that 180 soon though, cause the 55 will get cramped.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

~Dj

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I would wait until June and introduce them all into the new tank at the same time. You will be less apt to have something happen, and you can grow you current ones out a bit to get and get the larger reds.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
you might be able to get away with it, but i'd get 6"-7" ones. if you already had the 180 you'd have no problem adding the 8" ones. but a 55g is not that big.
wes
listen to the king..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts