Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just go 3 2-3inch rbp, there temporarly in a 20 gallon untill i get my 55 setup. One fish took a mouth full out of anothers head. if he dies can i add another fish when i get my larger tank setup.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
They are great healers so I would not give up on him. You may want to seperate him and let him heal. If he doesnt make it, I would add a few more when you transfer them to the new tank.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
he will probably heal up nicely, although he will have a scar and the mark will be a little darker than the rest of his body.

just 2 piranha is not good to have due to territorial issues. i would definently add atleast one more piranha if he even dies...which i doubt he will.

·
Registered
66 Posts
how many red bellies can you have in a 55gal tank, i read it should be 3, but looking at the pictures most people have 4. is 4 easier to keep than 3 to avoid incidents like eatfish's??

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
red bellies are the least territorial piranha. u could probably easily put 4-5 red bellies in a 55 gallon tank, but u would have to get rid of a couple when they get bigger.

i would put 3 or 4 rbp's in a 55g tank. i personally would not put more than 4 though because i im not a big fan of over stocking.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
red hot mini coopers said:
how many red bellies can you have in a 55gal tank, i read it should be 3, but looking at the pictures most people have 4. is 4 easier to keep than 3 to avoid incidents like eatfish's??
i have 5 in my 55 gal

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Aquarium salt or Melafix will help on recovering...if it die you can replace it with another Red...good luck...
!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i added salt, put them in a new 55 gal, and hes doing fine, He does have a bit piece missing from his head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts