Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about adding one rbp to my 3 rbp in my 75 i will be moving up in size when we sell the house,but if i do do it it would be a little later in the next month. so the question is i know i can't get rbps the same size as the ones i have . it will be about 2" will i get eatin by my 3 1/2 -4" rbps?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
id defintaly say thats iffy man...when a 2" one with a 4"....eep....id like to say yah...but idont want to just incase he gets aten then you could blame me...hmmmm....if your willing to try then giver, if your worried about him getting aten...dont risk it then

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It could go either way, how territorial are you 4"s now? I know that I have 4 at 4" and if I would add another that they would destroy him almost no matter the size. They have precise rankings in my tank. I wouldn't recommend adding 2" Ps to that tank. Now maybe if it were a new tank that none of the fish had established territories. My advice you tank is pretty much at its limit now, and I wouldnt risk wasting your new Ps. Just be patient and wait for a larger tank then it would be safe to add some smaller ones.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
to be in a safe side..add more hiding place, lower down your temp, so thier can get less agrressive..

on the other hand I suggest NO because piranha are very unpredictable..anything can happen. 2" and 4" are not that much different side but you dont want the big one to pick, fin nip kill the small one. It up to you. I say 3 in 75gallon are perfect #..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have got alot of hiding places,and they were moved over to this bigger tank recently. they are not very territorial. here is a pic of the tank before i added the 2nd filter setup

yes that is a cat it has been with the ps from the begining,and is doing awsome in there

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
very nice set up!..it really up to you. just keep in mind that piranha are predictable, you never know what going to happen. you can push for 4 in there. just keep your temp low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts