Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a 5-6"inch Tiger OScar to my recently purchaed 90 gallon aquarium with hopes of him being happy and working out. He is almost verticle at the moment swimming around. Ill let you knwo how it works out. Anyone here have an Oscar with there P's and have it work ?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had 2 oscars in my cariba tank as dithers when I first got my pygos. The oscars got their assed kicked, but in the long run held their own. I was so impressed that I gave the oscars their own tank underneath the pygos, and it looks like their trying to breed.

~Will.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Vampor said:
yepp one day you will notice that the oscar is gone, or you will find a floating head at the surface

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are Oscars the best cichlid to put in with Red Belly piranha or should I trade him for a Green Terror that is the same price and put him in the 90 with the P's ? Whats good about an Oscar as appose to another Cichlids with Piranha ?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Shred Revolution said:
are Oscars the best cichlid to put in with Red Belly piranha or should I trade him for a Green Terror that is the same price and put him in the 90 with the P's ? Whats good about an Oscar as appose to another Cichlids with Piranha ?
oscars are a very mellow-temperamented cichlid--- other large cichlids tend to be aggressive and pick fights, which frequently results in either dead ps or dead cichlids over time

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
piranha45 said:
Shred Revolution said:
oscars are a very mellow-temperamented cichlid--- other large cichlids tend to be aggressive and pick fights, which frequently results in either dead ps or dead cichlids over time
what are you trying to say ?

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
we get this question aloot but everyone seems to think thye can get it to work listen....

PIRANHA + OTHER FISH IN HIS TANK = FOOD EVENTUALLY PERIOD!!!!!!! IT MAY WORK IT MAY NOT BUT THIS IS MORE TRUE THAN NOT

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Shred Revolution said:
piranha45 said:
Shred Revolution said:
what are you trying to say ?
oscars don't pick fights and bully p's to the extent that other cichlids would-- hence, less chance of a fight, less chance of fish getting harassed/killed

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
thoroughbred said:
we get this question aloot but everyone seems to think thye can get it to work listen....

PIRANHA + OTHER FISH IN HIS TANK = FOOD EVENTUALLY PERIOD!!!!!!! IT MAY WORK IT MAY NOT BUT THIS IS MORE TRUE THAN NOT

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
depending on your piranhas behavior determines the length of the lifespan your oscars will live there was oscar and he was part of the pack and if we kept adding more ps then he would have surely been gone but if we always kept the ones well fed the ps would leave him alone and he would swim around with them he was a soldier then I decided to put him in my tank a long time ago then got my lil ps then got rid of the oscars to the lfs

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
piranha45 said:
Shred Revolution said:
Yeah P45 hit in right on. I have REALLY experiment with other fish in my 135. My oscar is in great shape. Now i have tried Green terrors, Red Devils, Flowerhorns, and the most vicious africans. All of them died. The caribe cordon off about 1/2 the tanks and only let who they want pass, They agressive cichlids pushed it, and died. HOWEVER, my Oscar and my Jack Dempsey know better, they run hide and don't get bit. The jack is Flawless not a nip, And the oscar got attacked at the start but has now been in their for about 6 months. I also had one in a 55 with 4 reds and he was ok too. Basically P45 said it, you want a fish that knows their role, cause if they go after the piranha, game over....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.