Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be pulling the trigger on a 125l Acrylic and besides the color of the stand I am also left with the question of whether to get the "back" clear or black... I realize I can get backing with various patterns, etc. and tape on but would I really change it? It will be placed against a wall ( rectangle tank ) so moving will really not be an option once it is in place.

Just curious what others have gotten, whether they regreted whatever their decision was and why they regretted it or liked it.

Appreciate the thoughts :smile:

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Cnt go wrong with black.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
if not paint it yourself
Thats what I did. I used black latex paint (more water proof) and applied like 15 coats. It takes alot of coats to get it completely black, but over all I saved like 50 bucks I think. Looks the same when viewing from the tank side due to the fact that the acrylic is flat.

~Dj

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
black of course

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I say CLEAR back!!
With clear back, you can always add on a black, blue, or any other imaged background. Honestly, Its more convenient when you wanna change the image or color in your tank.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I got a clear acrylic tank and just painted it. Used latex paint. Took alot of coats though to get it all covered. Looks good too.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I choose black!

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Blue is one of the best backgrounds and when the sun hits it, the color turns to green it is sweet looking

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have clear,blue and black..It depends on the tank,and its location and lighting as to which is better looking..IMO
As for my 320 I prefer clear but I have an 80 that is way cool with the blue.
You can use pool paint easily purchased at any pool place...Its thick and safe for the fitches...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.