Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fixing to upgrade on my 55 only to a 65 gallon but I will be runnin both.Now my ? is I sent an e-mail to glasscages and they told me that for the 65 gallon to get glass because it's more durable I am gonna stay with acrylic but I would like to hear what you all think about this.price on a 65 gallon acrylic 85$ shipping all together $103.00 but I will go pick it up they have a distributor 2 hrs from my house and glass i can only imagine it will be higher

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
There are more benefits in having an acrylic tank. Its lighter, you can easliy switch to saltwater, its higher in demand, would have a better selling value than glass and more durable. Glass is too heavy, seals will eat away during time, and would you ever rely on putting a huge rhom (or any fish) that would attack glass and not worry??

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
alycrlic beats glass overall but there are things i dont like about it. THey sratch and do not show asw ell as glass. I dont know if you guys have noticed but water seems to be more clear and things tend to look better in glass tanks than anything else. IMP glass is a better show tank but i you are thinkin about getting tank buster then plexi and acrylic is the way to go.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
o snap its eric said:
alycrlic beats glass overall but there are things i dont like about it. THey sratch and do not show asw ell as glass. I dont know if you guys have noticed but water seems to be more clear and things tend to look better in glass tanks than anything else. IMP glass is a better show tank but i you are thinkin about getting tank buster then plexi and acrylic is the way to go.
i agree acyrllic all the way way lighter i like it better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.