Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little juvie at 1,5 - 2 inches sometimes lies down on the ground on his side, and the jumps fast up again. Why does he do that? Looks pretty funny though.
This is probably hard to understand so I have a clip of this, but I have no ftp or anything to upload it to, how can one upload clips to the "downloads" section here at p-fury?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Does it look like he is scratching himself, probably what he is doing.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe he's scratching himself, yes, atleast it looks something like that.

Don't think it's the oxygen. It's plenty of it

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hmmm I dont think its that funny... From the experiences I had with juvi rbp's .... when they scratch they usually do it while swimming around, they come to the gravel and just lean to it while passing by. But if he is sinking and then laying flat on his side...Like the guys said it could be oxygen or your water is not in top shape... Find out your ph, nitrite,ammonia levels..... If he isnt scrating himslef , most likely you will lose the rbp unless u do something fast.

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,009 Posts
How long have you had your P? Did you cycle your tank? I have 4 p's do the same thing and then they died on me.... Doe to my fault for not having the tank cycled. Like necroxeon said, check your levels just to be on the safe side. Also how are you getting oxygen to your P?

·
4,009 Posts
How long have you had your P? Did you cycle your tank? I have 4 p's do the same thing and then they died on me.... Doe to my fault for not having the tank cycled. Like necroxeon said, check your levels just to be on the safe side. Also how are you getting oxygen to your P?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks just like he think it's funny or something.
But here, see for yourself (uploaded it now)
here

My water levels seem to be fine, I test it every week.
I've had them for a month now. The circulation in the water is pretty good I'd say.

·
4,009 Posts
Looks funny... How long have you had you tank for? Did you cycle it? What size tank and how many P's in there....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3rbp's. 8 Neontetra. 1 algaeater.

They don't do the "flipping" anymore, and never done it very often. Maybe 5-10 times I've seen it. Looks funny though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts