Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know you have all heard of acclimatizing new fish to your aquarium before and that it is a very important role in succesfully transferring a new fish ... well you want to know a little secret ... if you take a fish from a tank with a slighty lower pH and a slightly lower temp and just drop it into a tank thats is slightly higher in temp and slightly higher in pH and more alkaline then there are no worries.... it is only whehn you work the opposite way that you will get negative results...this is not usually shared with many people due to the fact that this info could easily be mistaken and done in the reverse order...but if you are sure of these conmditions you can perform this operation no problem ... just thought you might want to know

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes that is why it is well known to go throught the procedures for all fish ... to eliminate confusion ... just thought i would share this with all of you experienced fish hobbiest

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
as long as its all slightly different, but I had thrown a coldwater goldfish in 64 degree water into 82 degree water and it looked like is was going to die, it was practually having a seizure

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
yes, probley, but it lived. I wouldn't do that with an expencive fish though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.