Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was cleaning my ac 500, I noticed that the foam has turned from white to a rosey pink color. Is that normal? the filter has been in use for like 3 months now.

·
Squish Mitten
3,251 Posts
and it shouldn't be changed regularly either.....it has important bacteria on it, unless if u mean regularly as in every 4 months or so.....i never change my sponge....i jus re-rinse it really well and its good to go...save lots of money

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
the_w8 said:
and it shouldn't be changed regularly either.....it has important bacteria on it, unless if u mean regularly as in every 4 months or so.....i never change my sponge....i jus re-rinse it really well and its good to go...save lots of money
[snapback]851848[/snapback]​
I didnt mean he should clean the sponge regularly. I was simply stating that so he doesnt freak out when it turns from pink to brown.

Filters do contain mass amounts of benificial bacteria and shouldnt be cleaned regualrly other than the replacement of carbon.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
it's no biggie. it's just crud and buildup and sludge and bacteria gradually changing it from a new sponge to an old sponge. i've got the pinkish thing going on one of my ac500 sponges too.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
yes its normal. mine turn almost black after a couple of months. that when i go and replace them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.