Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what peoples stance was here (and draw attention away from the incest thread). I know this is a sensitive topic so if you dont want in it, steer clear of this thread.

How do you feel about abortion.....should it be kept legal, legal but with very restrictive rules, or abolished.

Personally I feel late term abortions should be abolished. In my heart of hearts I am pro-life yet I have some reservations about this stance. First and foremost, I have never been exposed to a situation where either I or one of my close friends got/contributed to an unwanted pregnancy. Without this first hand knowledge, how can I even begin to imagine what people go through when making a decision of that magnitude. Secondly, I feel extremely guilty telling a person what they can or cant do with their body. It might be a moral standard that I can apply to myself yet telling someone else how to handle something going on inside them seems wrong to me. Thirdly, I feel wishy washy about whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest. At the heart of the matter, you are still killing a baby yet in the case of rape and incest, the baby was made unlawfully. In the case of incest there can be some serious health concerns as well.....but this shouldnt be reason alone.

I am confused on my own stance, but if I were to categorize myself I would be pro-life.....just not militant about it.

-X
 

·
The ASSMAN
Joined
·
20,469 Posts
My problem with abortion is that I have no say one way or the other. If my gf gets pregnant it really pisses me off that I have no say in weather I become a father or not.
Examples:
Say she decides to keep the kid....I'm on the hook for child support even though I wanted her to get an abortion.
Say she decided to abort the kid...I'm basically screwed because I wanted to be a father and now she has decided to kill my kid.
This is what pisses me off most about abortion are the abortion laws. I dont know the answer, or even have suggestions, but I dont like it.
And dont tell me that my decision was made when I pulled down my pants because it takes 2 to create life and only the guy has no say after it happens.
So basically abortion is a safety net for the ladies if she happens to get knocked up by a looser.
Because we all know that chicks that get knocked up by rich dudes never get an abortion, it becomes a business decision.
 

·
reasonably awesome
Joined
·
7,613 Posts
Ppl are gonna say im as deranged about abortion as i am incest, but anyhow:

I believe the legal abortion limit should be raised to a month AFTER birth. I guess most ppl would say thats legally transcribed to Murder; I'd call it "culling". Far as im concerned, a human fetus might as well be a cement brick with arms and legs sticking out.
Society has no problems with killing dogs and cats in pounds, but they have a fuckin cow over killing a fetus/newborn human who's sentient level is well below that of a dog/cat.
Of course, I support the removal of both; I just used the dog/cat thing as a comparison.

Actually, ppl are just gonna say im outright fucked-up and belong in a fuckin mental institution (I know, cuz this isnt the first time I've posted my beliefs about this in an internet forum lol), but regardless, I'm quite proud of it. Oh, I suppose I'm also gonna get alot of "Wow dude thats sad, I really feel sorry for you" too. Hahahahahahaha. Or Adolf Hitler. I get called that alot too. So if you cant find any insults at me more original than those, don't waste your time insulting the post.

If you wanna make a scientific debate out of it, fine. If you wanna decry the morality/ethicality of it, don't waste your breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
I'll just ignore that last post, and add my 2 cents...

I think abortion should be legal, but under strict regulation. Even though it's a very sensitive matter to many, I believe that, given the right (ok, bad choice of words...) circumstances, people should have the right to decide over the fate of their own lifes: when a 17 year old girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, who are we to judge/decide what she would have to do??? I mean, when she is forced to keep the child, she probably won't be able to finish her education, which will have consequences for the rest of her life. I believe that someone in a similar situation should be able to make that, very tough, decision on her own...
And imho, this doesn't apply only to unwanted teenage pregnancies.

I don't approve abortion as a method of delayed contraception (due to lazyness/carelessness), and therefore I believe that regulations should be strict, but just saying "no" to it (no matter if it's due to religious, ethical or whatever principles), and denying it to people that are really unable to support a child (or in a situation like discribed above) is plain narrow-mindedness, in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Judazzz said:
I don't approve abortion as a method of delayed contraception (due to lazyness/carelessness)
This is what pisses me off so much about abortion. Does anyone have any stats on the current adoption system in America? I bet there are more people waiting for a baby then babies waiting for families....
 

·
Beautiful One
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Do you want a chick's perspective? I think it is wrong myself, people can always use protection or have the kid and give it up for adoption. It is also not the guy's fault it is both faults, because they knew the consequences. gross is correct in his standing of things. But sh*t happens and the couple has to decide what is best for them in their life. I don't like p-45's idea and I don't like how people kill cats and dogs that is why Oregon inforces any animal from the shelter to get spayed and neutred. I also think it is lame what my cousin did, she didn't think things through and her and her fiancee purposly had the kid but does she really take care of it? No! it is my aunt or his parents. She even says she should have waited, both of them don't hold jobs for very long and they have no means to support the kid, so basically I really don't consider it her baby it is like my aunt's new child and my aunt basically has adopted it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
Roe v. Wade was based on a lie. The woman was not raped and her emotional distress was overblown by NOW which wanted abortion legalized and Drs. that saw the potential $$$$'s made by promiscuous men and women. How do I know this? The woman herself who used the name Roe is now part of a group against abortion.

pcrose Posted on May 5 2003, 06:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you want a chick's perspective
Absolutely. Afterall, you have the right to decide to take a life or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
piranha45 Posted on May 5 2003, 06:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ppl are gonna say im as deranged about abortion as i am incest, but anyhow:

I believe the legal abortion limit should be raised to a month AFTER birth. I guess most ppl would say thats legally transcribed to Murder; I'd call it "culling". Far as im concerned, a human fetus might as well be a cement brick with arms and legs sticking out.
Society has no problems with killing dogs and cats in pounds, but they have a fuckin cow over killing a fetus/newborn human who's sentient level is well below that of a dog/cat.
Of course, I support the removal of both; I just used the dog/cat thing as a comparison.

Actually, ppl are just gonna say im outright fucked-up and belong in a fuckin mental institution (I know, cuz this isnt the first time I've posted my beliefs about this in an internet forum lol), but regardless, I'm quite proud of it. Oh, I suppose I'm also gonna get alot of "Wow dude thats sad, I really feel sorry for you" too. Hahahahahahaha. Or Adolf Hitler. I get called that alot too. So if you cant find any insults at me more original than those, don't waste your time insulting the post.

If you wanna make a scientific debate out of it, fine. If you wanna decry the morality/ethicality of it, don't waste your breath.
Actually from my perspective, your reply to the thread is quite predicable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
If 3 people thought the way P45 did my father would have no family, if a further 2 more did likewise he would have no extended family. If abortion were legal and acceptable there's a good chance I wouldn't be here to read bullshit like this. Makes me sick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Btw, comparing humans to animals is a ridiculous argument. I don't know why I'm debating with you P45, your views don't seem to be based on any sort of logic or moral decency that I can fathom. Your lifestyle choices or wishes are very disturbing. If you're just messing around, well I'd question how much truth is behind it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neoplasia said:
If 3 people thought the way P45 did my father would have no family, if a further 2 more did likewise he would have no extended family. If abortion were legal and acceptable there's a good chance I wouldn't be here to read bullshit like this. Makes me sick.
What makes you sick? P45's comments or everyones comments in this thread? I think it would be best just to ignore his post, as this is a serious thread and I am interested in peoples thoughts and opinions. But I would like to know whos posts you are classifying as bullshit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Sorry. Posts such as P45's. I realize it's best to ignore drivel like that, but if everyone had such a casual disregard for life as that then a lot of people would not be around.

Abortion begs to have the queston answered on what is life? How do you decide when life starts? Is it conception or is it later on during the pregnancy? I think that some people think later on because it's more comfortable to believe that. If life begins at conception well then abortion would be akin to murder wouldn't it? It's a very fine line, I wouldn't be surprised if it was eventually said that life begins at conception, I certainly would support such a stance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neoplasia said:
Sorry. Posts such as P45's. I realize it's best to ignore drivel like that, but if everyone had such a casual disregard for life as that then a lot of people would not be around.

Abortion begs to have the queston answered on what is life? How do you decide when life starts? Is it conception or is it later on during the pregnancy? I think that some people think later on because it's more comfortable to believe that. If life begins at conception well then abortion would be akin to murder wouldn't it? It's a very fine line, I wouldn't be surprised if it was eventually said that life begins at conception, I certainly would support such a stance.
Yeah I have heard arguments for life begins when

1. Conception
2. The heart starts beating
3. Birth

Well, If I were to choose from all three, I would have to choose number 1. It makes the most sense that, that is the instance when the "Miracle of Life" takes place. It shouldnt matter what (if any) religion you are as everyone should be able to agree that the creation of another human life is a miracle. Now, does the extermination of 100 or so cells in the zygote mean "murder". I dont know....
 

·
reasonably awesome
Joined
·
7,613 Posts
hastatus said:
piranha45 Posted on May 5 2003, 06:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ppl are gonna say im as deranged about abortion as i am incest, but anyhow:

I believe the legal abortion limit should be raised to a month AFTER birth. I guess most ppl would say thats legally transcribed to Murder; I'd call it "culling". Far as im concerned, a human fetus might as well be a cement brick with arms and legs sticking out.
Society has no problems with killing dogs and cats in pounds, but they have a fuckin cow over killing a fetus/newborn human who's sentient level is well below that of a dog/cat.
Of course, I support the removal of both; I just used the dog/cat thing as a comparison.

Actually, ppl are just gonna say im outright fucked-up and belong in a fuckin mental institution (I know, cuz this isnt the first time I've posted my beliefs about this in an internet forum lol), but regardless, I'm quite proud of it. Oh, I suppose I'm also gonna get alot of "Wow dude thats sad, I really feel sorry for you" too. Hahahahahahaha. Or Adolf Hitler. I get called that alot too. So if you cant find any insults at me more original than those, don't waste your time insulting the post.

If you wanna make a scientific debate out of it, fine. If you wanna decry the morality/ethicality of it, don't waste your breath.
Actually from my perspective, your reply to the thread is quite predicable.
but of course, your a man of science! The direction of which, I would like think I'm coming from.
Neoplasia likes to think human fetuses are above animals.
 

·
Beautiful One
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
If you think about it life does start at conception because the seed is like a plant it starts to grow till it blooms(bein born). I believe in my heart abortion is murder and I am pretty sure all of my family would never do it they would either keep the baby or give it to a couple who don't have the ability to make them. Kids are a blessing but it can be hard on your life if you have them to early in your life. My cousin and her fiancee screwed up the chances of going to college he was going to go to the culinary school and his parents were goin to pay for all of it, he can't do that because he is suppose to be working to support the child. School takes up a lot of time so he couldn't work fulltime if he still was to go to school therefore he couldn't provide for the family. I guess they try most of the time but I don't feel sorry for them neither does the rest of the family besides my Aunt and his mom. It is the couples choice but there are a whole lot of better alternatives and I don't think abortion should really be one of them. But it is America and the right to choose or not stands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
You presume to tell me what I think now? All human life is above that of animals. Sorry to any PETA freaks out there but such is life. Humans have the ability to reason and create (though more often than not both qualities are misused or neglected). That isn't the point though. How can one say that a human fetus (not the use of the word human, implying it is a living thing) has no rights or is so inferior to the rest of life on earth that it can be discarded as easily as unwanted junk mail?

Ok so you're inclined to believe that life begins at conception...how then can you say
Far as im concerned, a human fetus might as well be a cement brick with arms and legs sticking out.
The two are virtually mutually exclusive. Either it's a living being or it's not. Unless you're saying it's ok to kill a living being up to a certain point during the pregnance (or as in China until it takes it's first breath).

Btw
If you wanna make a scientific debate out of it, fine. If you wanna decry the morality/ethicality of it, don't waste your breath.
Sorry but it IS a morality issue. I honestly hope you never have children if you truly believe a newborn child is below that of a cat or dog. Quite frankly you disgust me, unvelievable that people are actually proud of having sentiments like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
piranha45 Posted on May 5 2003, 08:07 PM ...but of course, your a man of science! The direction of which, I would like think I'm coming from.
Actually, your not even close, because ethics is a part of science and I see nothing ethical (or morally for that matter) in your method.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
if you want the kid have it, if you dont just abort, i agree with P45 it might aswell be a brick with arms and legs, it has no feelings anyway just abort it, imho dogs and cats being murderd is worse than someone aborting cats and dogs feel the pain , fetus dont a loada sh*t just comes out
 

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
Joined
·
19,142 Posts
plonker_from_mars said:
if you want the kid have it, if you dont just abort, i agree with P45 it might aswell be a brick with arms and legs, it has no feelings anyway just abort it, imho dogs and cats being murderd is worse than someone aborting cats and dogs feel the pain , fetus dont a loada sh*t just comes out
how do you know it has no feeling?
 
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top