Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently called to one of the local fish stores and found out how not SMART they are about PETs.

Me: May I speak to someone in the fish department?

Man: Okay.... <connecting>

Woman: Hello, this is .... how may I help you?

Me: I was wondering if you by chance had any java moss plants?

Woman: Is it real of fake?

Me: <Already knows they dont have it> Uhmmm.. real.

Woman: Do you mean java fern?

Me: No, I'm looking for java moss.

Woman: Moss? We have products that help kill algae if thats what you need.

Me: No, its a plant, java moss.

Woman: Are you sure? I've never heard of a plant called java moss. Are you sure you aren't looking for something about algae.

Me: <Click>

Sometimes I wonder if they try to find people that have the least bit of knowledge about these things to fill these positions.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
ya thay dont know sh*t your better learning of the net then goin to the pet shop i had to fight with a bitch yesterday day just so she would sell me a few female guppys she was like WHY DO YOU WANT SMALL FEMALES,, in a pissed off voice ,,,-->bitch was to lazy to dip me out some young breeders so she grabed the dopeyest 3 males she could dip,,,,ps... lazy bitch

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
It is so nice having an LFS that actually knows what they are talking about.

Look around for a family owned place... they are usually pretty good... my LFS has 15 75g tanks of plants... it is wonderful :nod:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surprisingly, we have a good number of stores that know a considerable ammount, actually, a great ammount about fish. Places called Sweet Feed, Co., Trilby Tropicals, Daves Tropical Fish, and some other place I can't remember the name of. So we have actually a great number, I just thought it would be funny to post my experience with one of the big pet places.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Surprisingly, we have a good number of stores that know a considerable ammount, actually, a great ammount about fish. Places called Sweet Feed, Co., Trilby Tropicals, Daves Tropical Fish, and some other place I can't remember the name of. So we have actually a great number, I just thought it would be funny to post my experience with one of the big pet places.
Unfortunately at a lot of those larger chains they dont hire people for their knowledge...

·
Registered
655 Posts
yes my lfs sux to with the exception of one lady whom is the only one i will talk to one time they sold a friend of mine a pictus cat and 15 minutes before we got there she had taken them out of the bag the store rule is 24 hours for observation but ya stupid things like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts