Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 4 spilos in a 75gal i want to change the gravel w/new gravel and i want the tank to cycle through so whitch place would they be better off in 4 like 12 hours a 5gal bucket or a 20Lgal tank?

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
i would just take the gravel out with the fish in the tank... i just use a net to scoop up the gravel...
spilos wouldnt be happy together in a 5gal bucket or a 20gal. just my 2 cents

Crapfully Crappy
Marco

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
why would you want to change the old gravel, for new gravel?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
maybe,
but why not like take two out, and put a tank devider in for lil while and then do the other half?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not that dumb to have pink gravel
my gravel is a mix of white and green the white gravel gets all ful of alge quick and is a bitch to clean pluse im moving and since im gonna already be taking the fish out and draining the water might as well just change the gravel too since it sucks the under gravel filters dont work 4 it either

ill post a pic of the crappy gravel in a few min.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i snuck a pic of 1 of my spilos in there to but as you can see the gravel sux any1 have any ideas of what color i should use be sides black and blue i have that in my 120 and it looks good there

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
wow that gravel does suck! i have brown/natural colored gravel mixed in with my black gravel and I think that looks pretty cool. try putting some brown/natural colored gravel.

Joe

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That gravel is ugly. I use marble color gravel. I like it. I didn't like black gravel that much. Its really up to you.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Whoa..
that color does suck. Its cute, but not the kind you'd want to display your Ps with. I say go for the brown/natural gravel.. do a mixture of different sizes.

Now for your plants.. you never mentioned the color of your plants.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
OH MY GOD! THATS WORSE THEN PINK GRAVEL!

I LAUGHED FOR A SOLID 5 MIN AFTER SEEING THOSE PICS!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats the funniest thing ever...

bro, you better change that gravel like...NOW! before words get out... ahaha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts