Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the name of the fish, that squirts water from its mouth to hit bugs that are on leaves or on plants to catch them??

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Jor said:
Archerfish.
archerfish can also jump out and catch bugs like arowanas, these fish are great jumpers.

they will also shoot at ciggaretts as they think they are glow bugs

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
Deicide said:
Does anyone know the name of the fish, that squirts water from its mouth to hit bugs that are on leaves or on plants to catch them??
are u planning on getting one

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if i be getting one but it be cool to have one, if i did get one i dont want it shooting water all over my house..lol

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Xenon said:
Innes do you speak from experience?
I have never owned an archerfish as I have never had a brackish water tank, but I have seen them many times, and also I saw a programm which had them on it because of their ability to spit, and it showed them spitting at bugs on branches, and also they had a swimming pool with them in and a guy walked past smoking and they shot the cig right out of his hand

they also showed some footage from the wild and how this ability can help them knock fish into the river so they can eat them - a really interesting fish and one I will one day own

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Deicide said:
Thanks for the links Innes!
your welcome - I love these pics of it spitting and jumping

·
Registered
711 Posts
does anyone know how big of a tank an archer fish needs? drsfostersmith says they need like a 125 gallon tank or something, but they also say mollies need 30 gals...
i have a 55 gallon brackish tank and this could be a key addition... hell, i may even take up smoking if it will blast me with water!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
rday said:
does anyone know how big of a tank an archer fish needs? drsfostersmith says they need like a 125 gallon tank or something, but they also say mollies need 30 gals...
i have a 55 gallon brackish tank and this could be a key addition... hell, i may even take up smoking if it will blast me with water!
I think your fine with a 55

1 - 14 of 14 Posts