Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my first time in life ive seen a spilopluera live... they arent very common in sweden at the LFS, but today i found 3 diffrent piranhas they were shoaling together. ill buy them tomorrow and send pics because im not sure what they are... but im getting all 3 for 300 Swedish kronor 300=less then 30$ around 25-28 maybe. the guy at the store didnt know what they were but i think i know and i think its a great deal...

ohh man this is great!!!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Congrats man

No matter what they are, less than 30 bucks for three piranha is a sweet price!

btw: I have the same problem were I live (Holland), but there's a good chance I'll get a 4" gold spilo soon (for a lot more money, but it's a unique opportunity - hell, I'll switch to cheap beer for some time
), so I know how you feel

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ekbor said:
today i found 3 diffrent piranhas they were shoaling together. ill buy them tomorrow and send pics because im not sure what they are...
This does sound like a very good deal. But honestly, I would take the pix first, show us what Ps these are, and then get our approval to buy 'em. Reason being is that Spilos arent usually advised to be together (but some members can contest its possible) or shoal without killing off one another from time. Dont really want you to spend $$ on Ps only to get disappointed and have trouble keeping all together and alive.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw: I have the same problem were I live (Holland), but there's a good chance I'll get a 4" gold spilo soon (for a lot more money, but it's a unique opportunity - hell, I'll switch to cheap beer for some time ), so I know how you feel
sometimes you really wish you were born in America

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dear Ekbor :

In the first , you just have to like the P's !Is it really a matter of what species your P's are ?

It is a Piranha is the first reason!

Don't know what you are buying, but I wish you a great time with your P's, spilo or not!

But I you see P's shoaling at the LFS , don't take all you have seen as true...maybe your P's can show different behavior in your tank!

Fish in lfs live under harrish conditions, more stress , less room, many noise, much people watching them, etc...
so please don't say "they are shoaling"...

I don't want to scare you..but the behavior of P's can change with the living conditions!

But : go for your P's!have a great time, but think about what can happen....be aware of a solution to devide them if ...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Dont really want you to spend $$ on Ps only to get disappointed and have trouble keeping all together and alive.
Well, even if only one fish would survive, it's still a real steal of a deal, given the fact that everything besides reds is extremely rare (if it's indeed a non-nattereri...)

sometimes you really wish you were born in America
Yup, but that would be the only reason for me: it's good living in Europe

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Azrael said:
Judas !
..where to hell .. a gold spilo !

tell me more !
Well, there's some in Amsterdam that for some mysterious reason got hold of two spilo's (he found a store which sells rare piranha's from time to time, so that's how he got them: last week, he saw a black piranha with a yellow tail and catlike, almond shaped pupils [
well, that's how he described it...]: any idea what it could be???), but they kept kicking each other senseless, so he decided to sell one, and made an advertizement online.
Luckily, I noticed it early enough, contacted him, and now it's as good as bought (all I need is a drive to Amsterdam: don't want to take a toothy critter like that with me in the train....
) He asks 50 euro's for it, which is a pretty steep price for just one fish, imho, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and who am I to refuse

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, it is allways a great thing to keep different kinds of P's in one tank!
And I know your feeling , if you firsttime see a type of P , you ever wanted to purchase,...I will ne´ver forget the day , where i firsttime saw "blut" and "gold", my two little ( little ..? now up to 15 cm !) piraya's !
Oh my god ! as I watched them at the lfs, lurking around in the tanks! my wife only said " we are taking them home , but how many of them ?"

now they shoal together with 2 cariba and 1 nattereri !
Oh I am so proud !
But sh*t can happen every day , I have lost a young nattereri lsat month, slaughtered and shredded by the pack...a really bad feeling!

This is enough of me, go for your P's, they will rule !

have some beer and wait fot tommorrow !
Cheers from germany!

·
Registered
179 Posts
JudaZZZZZZZZ GO for GOLD!!!!!
Take the P!
got a mail today with stockliste from "www.amazon-exotik-import.de" and :

Pygocentrus piraya : 15-17 cm : 249 euro!

So tell me , what the hell are 50 ! for a p!
Yes, 50 are much money, i didn't forget that!

50 euro = 4/ 5 kisten bier = 80/100 Flaschen ! bier!

That much...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Azrael said:
50 euro = 4/ 5 kisten bier = 80/100 Flaschen ! bier!

That much...
Damn, it IS much....

Just kidding, though: I saved a nice amount of money for the upcoming summer vacation, so I'll just take a little from that

And €250,- for a 6-7" piraya is not that bad at all, if you compare it with the prices in the US (4" for 150 dollar, 500 bucks for a 7-8" specimen at Sharkaquarium...)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes judaZZZZZZ,
250 for a large pirya is not THAT much,..

but I can get 2 more piraya for around 120 euro! each, and they are around 10-12 cm!

But i don't have the tank and the money.
and my first buy would be one /or two more cariba!

Man, they are getting darker and more aggressive every day, and there are some differences between my 2 cariba, it you watch the abdomen !
So come on P's and make some LOVE
: ...i want baby-c's
!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.