Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I went home for easter vacation and I was forced to put in feeders for them to eat while I was gone. I was gone for 6 days. Since I have been back I have noticed that my reds are acting really really wierd. They are super skittish and are not eating any shrimp or beefheart I put in. Do you think they need to get readjusted to being around people? Do you think they will only eat feeders from now on? Do you think they are freaking retarded? Also I have worms on the glass of my tank and in my gravel. I have seen other posts people have made about them and the general solution seems to be to use salt and up the temp, well that hasn't helped me very much. they are still there, how do I get rid of them?

Thanks for the help,
Joe

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Cant help ya with the worms, I have never experienced anything like that. As for your fish, I would give them a little time. I dont think they will only eat feeders from now on, I would just not feed them for a little while and then try the shrimp and beefheart again.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Check your water perimeters.. especially the nitrate/ammonia level!! The skittishness might likely come from the toxic water imbalance which makes Ps even more frightened.

Do you water change, and sweep along the bottom of the tank to pick up any untouched decoposing food.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
give them time to readjust to you...t

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
It will take a few days and they will be OK...still, highly recommend test/change tank water!

Vaccum your gravel and introduce a cheap feeder to eat those ugly worms!

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help. i have done as all of you recommended. my water parameters are fine, i got them checked as soon as i got back to make sure i didn't have an ammonia spike after all the death. i did a big water change and vacuumed the living hell out of the gravel. lets hope they warm up to me today and actually eat.

Joe

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I would just keep feeding them shrip and beeheart....they will be forced to eat eventually. By any chance were they in a dark room the whole time? Not many window? Or is your tank light on a timer?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
ya, i've had the same thing happen man, just keep putting in the beefheart and krill and they'll eventually eat it.....or just wait a couple days and put it in and they'll go for it, mine did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts