Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The 901.
900gph+.

Anyone have experience with these?
Since I'll be getting a 72" tank sooner or later, I thought I'd so big.
Hvae it hooked up to a timer.
3hours on, 1hour off, loop. 6am-8pm.

What I wanted to know is if I could turn down the output like other PHs.
Looked all over the net and still havn't found anything relating to being ableto do so.
Inshight?

I know it sounds like overkill, but If I am able to lower the output, it's piossible, yes?

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
OK, I have that exact powerhead in my tank. I hope you have a bare bottom tank, or at least some really heavy gravel. If you have sand, I dont think youll be able to pull it off without having sand being blown all around the inside of your tank. There isnt a switch or level to throw to turn the output down. The only thing you can do is take the powerhead apart and trim the impeller blades down. Also, you may have a bit more luck that me because I put that in a four foot 90 gallon tank. Definitely overkill in my case.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I have that exact powerhead in my tank. I hope you have a bare bottom tank, or at least some really heavy gravel. If you have sand, I dont think youll be able to pull it off without having sand being blown all around the inside of your tank. There isnt a switch or level to throw to turn the output down. The only thing you can do is take the powerhead apart and trim the impeller blades down. Also, you may have a bit more luck that me because I put that in a four foot 90 gallon tank. Definitely overkill in my case.
That kinda sucks.
But since I won he eBay bid just now for only $20plus $15shipping, I'm happy. :D
New in Box too.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
2,094 Posts
If you cant figure out how to trim the impeller blade (which can be replaced if you cut down too far), feel free to shoot me a PM. Or you can do a search for a thread that I created which basically asks the same exact questions that you just did. I think somebody even posted a diagram of how to take the powerhead apart.

I swear to god, the only reason I opened the thread was because I thought my old one got bumped out of the dead for some reason...even the title looked strikingly familiar..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you cant figure out how to trim the impeller blade (which can be replaced if you cut down too far), feel free to shoot me a PM. Or you can do a search for a thread that I created which basically asks the same exact questions that you just did. I think somebody even posted a diagram of how to take the powerhead apart.

I swear to god, the only reason I opened the thread was because I thought my old one got bumped out of the dead for some reason...even the title looked strikingly familiar..
Can you send me the diagram that SAFETYpin sent you?

·
2,094 Posts
Let me check to see if I still have it...If I do, no problemo...

·
2,094 Posts
PM sent...lemme know if that did the trick..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PM sent...lemme know if that did the trick..
Thanks a bundle.
I've still yet to receive the 901 in the mail.
Trimming down the impeller sounds like a plan.
Or I can always hook it up to them voltage decreasing things...
My brother has one lying around somewhere...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
well give it a shot in your tank first. you may be able to get away with the full blast of 900gph. if you cant then think about modifying. i was always curious about this powerhead to.
No way as hell was I going to pay $80+ in stores for this Powerhead.
The only I'm getting one is because I got it New for cheap.
Gotta love eBay.
Total came to $50CND shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.