Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nine American Troops Killed in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A roadside bomb killed seven U.S. soldiers in northwest Baghdad and two Marines were killed in action in western Iraq Thursday, the deadliest day for American forces since a suicide attack last month, the U.S. military said.

The soldiers with Task Force Baghdad were on patrol Thursday evening when their Bradley fighting vehicle hit the explosive, the military said in a statement. Everyone inside the Bradley was killed.

No other details were immediately available. But Iraq's insurgents have frequently targeted American troops with crude explosives planted in roads and detonated remotely as patrols pass.

Two U.S. Marines were killed in action Thursday in the volatile western Anbar province, the military said. The Marines typically do not give details of how or where their troops are killed for fear of compromising security.

The nine American deaths made it the highest single-day toll for the U.S. military in Iraq since a suicide bombing at a mess tent in Mosul on Dec. 21 killed 22 people, including 14 U.S. soldiers and three American contractors.

Several American troops have been killed in recent days in Baghdad and in Anbar, which is home to the volatile city of Fallujah. On Tuesday, five American troops were killed, including three Task Force Baghdad soldiers who died in a roadside bombing, one slain who was slain in Anbar, and another who died in Balad, north of Baghdad.

The military said the names of the troops who died Thursday were being withheld until their families are notified.

The latest deaths brought the number of U.S. troops killed since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003 to 1,349, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,062 died as a result of hostile action.
men...

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Hey FiLo

with WAR comes DEATH on BOTH sides.... 9 of our soldiers died recently but how many innocents have died in iraq becuz of this wack ass war Bush crack started...

· ...just back for a bit to catch up...
5,969 Posts
Two U.S. Marines were killed in action Thursday in the volatile western Anbar province, the military said. The Marines typically do not give details of how or where their troops are killed for fear of compromising security.
Err to that! Keep it simple, keep it quiet!
Still not changing my mind, still going on out there!

· Registered
18,153 Posts
Are we getting a thread like this for every GI that hits the dirt?

I guess we should hire someone full time for just that then...

It's war, sh*t happens - get over it, or try to make a difference in real life.
Don't keep posting this stuff - what's the point?

btw: kinda sad that some 25% of all casualties died because of non-hostile action...

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
WorldBelow07 said:
yeah that is pretty sad
[snapback]833479[/snapback]​
Yeup.

It's great that the Americans are 1/4 as good at killing their own as the 'Iraqis' are at getting them.

I say 'Iraqis' because I'm sure by now we all know a good portion of these hostile combatants aren't even Iraqi but from a variety of neighbouring and not-so-distant Middle Eastern countries.

My condolences to the families of the troops that died. What a needless loss of life... But hey, you sign the dotted line to go into the military, you're signing up for gun fights and death. Just how it goes.

3,843 Posts
As been said many times before, its war sh*t happens. There's really not much more that can be said.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
You know whats outrageous about this war, is that here in the US when a little girl is missing, we go into a state of panic, but when they show men dying in war, they dont show much sympithy sp?, atleast thats how it is over here in CA..

3,843 Posts
What the f*ck do you want everyone to do? Go outside and cry aloud? And how can you really ignore the deaths when its posted everywhere on the internet, and you see the sh*t on the news? We can't stop the deaths from happening in the first place because the average American has no real control over anything Washington does or wants to do.

If the administration really wants us to ignore the deaths, they really suck at it.

5,969 Posts
Filo said:
^ That is how our administration wants it, no ceremonies for the dead, and no pictures of caskets with flags draped over...its almost like the want us to ignore the deaths

[snapback]833884[/snapback]​
Because unlike our media, the bodies of government have some sort of compassion for the fallen men and women of the military. The media really does a good job when it comes to "glorifying" and "honoring" our military men and women dying or dead, to them it sells ratings; one of my Marines was right when he said that "tragedy and saddness sells".

Seriously though Fido, I don't know what kind of world you live in where its a good thing to parade to your friends, neighbors, communities that your love ones have just made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. Where I come from, your mourn the dead in private and not outloud with others. Another reason to why I find it offensive to display pictures of our dead under flag-draped coffins, another reason why I find it offensive to display an image of our soldiers/Marines getting shot at and dying on the road, while the damn photographer sits there and continues to take the photo instead of running out there to help them.

Like I stated earlier, the media feeds off tragedy and saddness, only makes their wallets bigger

· This f*cking Guy!
8,936 Posts
ProdigalMarine said:
The media really does a good job when it comes to "glorifying" and "honoring" our military men and women dying or dead, to them it sells ratings
[snapback]835235[/snapback]​
Thats what its about. Ratings. Sad but true, Negative things get more publicity.
Thats all you hear on the news, Someone got shot, someone got stabbed, or robbed. What about the People who ACTUALLY do good things?

5,969 Posts
Judazzz said:
Are we getting a thread like this for every GI that hits the dirt?

I guess we should hire someone full time for just that then...
It's war, sh*t happens - get over it, or try to make a difference in real life.
Don't keep posting this stuff - what's the point?
[snapback]833379[/snapback]​
I agree, fasher!

I also agree that there is no point in posting these threads for every time a military personnel dies, because if we posted for every military personnel that dies, it'd be unfair to not post threads about the civilians and "non-combatants" that died.

So, how about it Fido.....Go on to your precious Google and search for the "non-combatants" and civilians that died in Iraq during and after OIF, then make threads for them! You know, just to be fair.

· Registered
2,647 Posts
what ever happend to Afganistan? all it is these days is iraq iraq iraq....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.