Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new AC 802 powerhead since I am going to be getting a Rhom soon in my 55 gallon. I also have a Emp 400 filter. I have both on the same side of the tank, is this alright? I was going to put the AC on the opposite side of the tank, but its cord won't reach the outlet. I have the AC a few inches from the bottom, and its pointing a few inches directly below the Emps intake tube. Do you thinks this set up is alright? Thanks

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
Not really since it's going to be blowing particles away from the filter, not really what you want. If you're really stuck with it in the corner, place it so the current goes along the front of the glass, this will create a circuluar flow in your tank hopefully bringing some waste back around the tank towards your filter.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
elTwitcho said:
Not really since it's going to be blowing particles away from the filter, not really what you want. If you're really stuck with it in the corner, place it so the current goes along the front of the glass, this will create a circuluar flow in your tank hopefully bringing some waste back around the tank towards your filter.
[snapback]833348[/snapback]​
Thanks elTwitcho. What do you think the best area for it to be? I can use an extension cord to move it to the other side of the tank, or possibly slide the Emp 400 down to the other half, and leave the AC powerhead where it's at. What one do you think would be better?

· Registered
5,089 Posts
get an extension cord. You want the powerhead at the opposite end to blow particles to the filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.