Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to upgrade real soon and i want to get a 75gal....LFS has a 75gal for $159 48L x 18W x 20H

what i really want to know is if this is a good price... and is that the standard size for a 75g

the only tank i have ever got new was my 10gal starter....all my other tanks where my mom and dads when they had piranhas and oscars so i dont really know what the going rate is for tanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thik it just the tank....i know theres no stand....i dont think theres hood or light

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i thik it just the tank....i know theres no stand....i dont think theres hood or light
Hmmm, I'm not so sure if thats a great deal or not. I have seen some deals like that for less at the LFS, but depending where you live it might be good. I would check around at every place that sells aquariums, then compare prices.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its hard to find a good deal on e-bay or cragslist b/c of shipping....most of the time you have to pick it up

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
i think you should get one from ebay....................................even cheper alot of the time

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill chck it out but every time i have looked b4 it wasnt worth it

·
Registered
140 Posts
ill chck it out but every time i have looked b4 it wasnt worth it
I bought a 75 from petsco for $120. Like that other guy said try craiglisting. The good deals are out there you just have to look for them. I found on craiglisting, a 135 gal. and a stand for $180.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I paid 149 for my all-glass 75, lid and light. 159 for tank alone imo is a pretty crappy deal. If its 159 for tank, lid and light then go for it. Id check out ebay and craigslist tho.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
sounds about right price for the glass. You will eventually see a deal in the local classifieds if you don't mind waiting for a new tank.

I have seen several complete 75 gal set ups, tank, stand, top, lights for $250

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
thats the going price. Not a great deal. you are going to get bent over for the stand and hood. I would also reccomend looking around on Craigslist first as well. Personally I found my 75gal acrylic tank/stand/canopy for 75.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My advice:
Save up another $75 and get a 125long. 6footer.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
My advice:
Save up another $75 and get a 125long. 6footer.
not a bad ideal but 75gal will work out the best for me

larger tanks are sure to come.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Check Ebay and type in your zip to see if any available locally.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Around here regular price for a 75 is $110. Sometimes on sale for $99.
Sometimes $120 with tops and basic light

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here, 75 gals is just around $25... just the tank
where do you live......that cant be right

1 - 20 of 23 Posts