Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start out with a couple of pics of the fish in transit. After seeing these fish out of water I'm going to have to re-evaluate the size of my fish on my sig. I put two of my smaller fish, my cariba I thought was about 10 1'2" and my piraya that I thought was about 10" in a five gal bucket together. The pail measures 11 1/2" inside to inside. The cariba was touching both sides and his tail was curled and he spent most of his time in the middle of the pail. My biggest cariba and biggest tern have to over 13" now. These pics don't neerly do justice to the size of these fish when they are out of water.

Heres a pic of my smallest cariba that I thought was 10 1'2" and my piraya that I thought was only 10"

Here's my tern that has to go over 13" with my piraray thats about the same size as the other one that I thought was 10" This tern is amazing. This comming May I will have had him for 2 years. I got him from George when he was the size of a dime TWO years ago.

These are my 2 biggest cariba next to my almost 13" pleco

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's a few of the stocked tank. It's still a little cloudy and The decor is only temp till I can get some huge pieces of driftwood. Better pics are to come in the future. Trust me on that one. I'm not going anywhere for a looooooong time.

· Registered
3,312 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE holdon I need to take a breath EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
ok there
That is BADDASS!!!!!
I am in awe... Holdon I need to take a moment and just look at the pictures and study them.

Now I am getting really jelous!!!!!

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took some pics and I think I have at least one good one of the big tern. I'll try to put those up tommorrow.
The water still hasn't stabalized so they really haven't been fighting for dominance just yet. That hasn't stopped them from eating. They've pretty much eating a little of something every day. I only give them a little at a time so they don't waste anything but it's still a pretty good show. They all come right up pretty much as soon as I drop the food in the water. They have never done that before. Some of these fish came from tanks where you couldn't go near the tank without them freeking out and wrecking something. They feel very comfortable with all this room to retreat. The key to this tank is that it's four feet deep. If I walk up to the front they can comfortably swim to the back and get away if they want to. The same go's for when they have their fights. P's are to lazy to chase all that ways. They give up pretty quick. Thats it for tonight. I just have to give a quick breifing. I should be back tomorrow night. The only problem here right now is that the computer is upstairs and the tank is in the basement. I spend most of my time in the basement til I can get a computer down there. Then I might just live down there.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
i'm really glad this is all working out for you after the little setbacks you've encountered along the way. the tank will be simply world class when finished. i think the pygos already are.

· Registered
480 Posts
Seriously awesome

I love that skeleton in the tank too, lol!

· Registered
3,149 Posts
That tank make them monster seem little.
Definately set it up to look like the amazon, i would
not that i am not already. Congrats on your new setup in your new house.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.