Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello again everyone, I am purchasing a new aquarium in a few months for a piranha setup once my move is complete. Can anyone provide me with the price for a basic 75 gallon tank with no extras? Just the plain 75 gallon bare tank.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Depends on where you buy it. I got mine used at the LFS for 100 bucks with a stand. Look for one with a stand for sure. Glasscages.com has them for 110 dollars, but you will end up paying about 150-200 at your LFS. Just look for a used tank in any size you can get. The stand is gonna cost you at least a 100 bucks if you buy it new. So, if you bought it at your lfs it would cost between 250-400 dollars with a stand and a glass top/hood.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive decided to go with the the 65g for only $90 at GlassCages.com, I am in contact with them already. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Texarkana, Texas, though moving to the Dallas area. Hopefully shipping will not be too much of a problem, do you happen to have an estimate on shipping? Im waiting for there responce at the time

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I had a quote, but I live a few hours from them. I believe my quote was around 80 bucks for a 100 gallon. I decided to not get a tank from them because I still needed a stand and ended up finding a 300 gallon for sale on here. Glad I waited.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I don't know man, they have to drive further. I live in TN, about three hours away from them. If they use a trucking company, then it can't be more than 80-100 bucks. Surely you have a LFS with decent prices. What about petsmart?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They charge very high here, ive seen 55's at my LFS for $99, ill take another look around, if I dont receive decent shipping prices from them. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The 55 at walmart is around 160. They come with everything but the stand. You can also get a cheap stand from there for about 70, I think.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Those prices are way too high!!! I can get a 60 gal PLEXI for $55-60. But thats in my area, where tanks deals come a dime a dozen. Price depends on location and availablity in your area.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
here in philly you can get a new 75 for $99

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm, Im not to sure what I should do. I think ill go with the 55 at wal-mart, as they come with everything including the lighting, filter, heater, fish nets, and some basic supplies. Ill get the stand there to. I will be doing this in a few months once our move is complete. Does anyone know how many RBP's I could keep in a 55g? Probally about 3 right?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
California folks get every deal on the planet, so their prices are not normal. Yes, you can keep three reds at pretty much any size in their. Unless they are pushing over 8 inches.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im going to oder 5 quarter sized RBP's for the tank and let them grow out once the tank is cycled. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts