Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
ok i just got my 7 inch altuvie from pedro and he said this guy was really aggressive and active. i want him because he said that he swims none stop back in forth all day. i was wondering how long it is going to take him to get back to his old self because he is a real p*ssy right now hiding in the corner and stuff. i put some feeder in there and he ate three last night but i didn't see it and their are still three in there. so he is eating and everything!! do i just need to let him come around or is there some wrong with my water any suggestions would be great thanks.

· Registered
2,647 Posts
yeah my fish didn't come out for like the first 8 months, then he finally quit being a wussy. Give it time and im sure he'll start becoming more active

· Registered
1,480 Posts
My Rhom is the same way. He was the most active at the store, but when i brought him home he is a little wimp. Its been about three weeks and only comes out of his cave at night. Im hoping in the next 6 months he will become more active.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scooby said:
yeah my fish didn't come out for like the first 8 months, then he finally quit being a wussy. Give it time and im sure he'll start becoming more active
[snapback]832058[/snapback]​
does anyone one know why they are more active in the store is it cus there are so many people around or something? or is it because they have them for a while?

· Registered
3,300 Posts
they get used to that tank and the trip home kinda stresses them out.. and bein in a divided tank doesnt help much either.. my rhom was active but now that he is in a divided tank he doesnt have as much swimming room and hes become a tad bit skittish

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
statusracing said:
he is sharing a 60 gal with my little 3 inch rhom right now but the altuvie has about 80 percent on the tank and their is a divider between the two.
[snapback]832484[/snapback]​
No wonder

· Registered
235 Posts
33truballa33 said:
they get used to that tank and the trip home kinda stresses them out.. and bein in a divided tank doesnt help much either.. my rhom was active but now that he is in a divided tank he doesnt have as much swimming room and hes become a tad bit skittish
[snapback]832497[/snapback]​

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
33truballa33 said:
[snapback]832497[/snapback]​
what do u mean by that?

10,552 Posts
statusracing said:
i have no other choice but i am selling my rhom right now so he can have the whole tank and pedro said that this would be fine for right now
[snapback]832525[/snapback]​
Well what do you think ? is it fine ?

10,552 Posts
statusracing said:
why would i be asking u if i knew the anwser to the ?
[snapback]832533[/snapback]​
I guess you know what you have to do then .
Good Luck

10,552 Posts
statusracing said:
well do u think that a 60 gallon tank is good enough to house a 7 inch altuvie?
[snapback]832539[/snapback]​
Sure I dont see why not ...

And BTW You quoted your self

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.