Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I can get a cariba to 15" to 16" no problem...but I have never seen a red over 12" getting a red to 12" is hard in itself...They are usually much much smaller.
Do you happen to know where we could see a photo of a 16" Carib, RB32?

Harry

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
wow...this is interesting...keep us updated RB :nod:

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I can get a cariba to 15" to 16" no problem...but I have never seen a red over 12" getting a red to 12" is hard in itself...They are usually much much smaller.
Have you ever grown out cariba or are you just assuming? And if you have...did they have the same tiny heads and exploding fat reserves your red have...or did they look like normal cariba?

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
I really dont understand why everyone likes to bust this guy's balls-Am I missing something here-I'll just sit back and watch and see-

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I really dont understand why everyone likes to bust this guy's balls-Am I missing something here-I'll just sit back and watch and see-:nod:
I was asking serious questions...

However....I feel there is a certain amount of arrogance that begs response when making statements like
I can get a cariba to 15" to 16" no problem
and
caribe that big is no big deal
. I have seen one cariba that was 16" (reportedly) so to say they are no big deal is ignorant at best....and very condescending to the people that have raised cariba to a larger size....especially if you have never even attempted to grow one to that size.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
i buy reds at 12" and im in the middle of know were winnipeg lol so maybe hard to get them or buy them that size but your not the only one RB
but here enyways

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You should thin your Reds before thin your shoal

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'd like to have a 300 gallon tank... that would be sick! i just saw a post where a guy took his basement and made it into an aquarium... he's my idol.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
so are these reds fat or lean.???? i have seen some huge reds in my time but the ones i have seen over 11" have all been very unhealthy when grown in a tank as normally they are over fed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts