Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Didn't think this belonged in the Tank & Equipment Forums.

What do you guys think of a 68gallon long tank?
Footprint: 72x18x12
So 12inches high.
Because it is still as long and as wide as a 100/110/125/135gallon it SHOULD still apply to the basics of piranha keeping, yes?
12" high is two and a half the height of a near full-grown RBP, no?
So I can still stock 4-6 Fully grown in this tank?
My reasoning makes sense to me.
What say you?

I saw this low tank and I love it! Not so much as to put my P's in much danger though.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
I would say 4 full grown max but you can push it to 5 if you want..the demension is weird but it long which is good. but diffinetly dont put to much decoration.

what you running for filteration?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with 2p2f here, the lenght and width are good for p's. I would also go with either 4 max 5 reds in there. IMO, with 5 full grown reds it will be tight.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I agree with 2p2f here, the lenght and width are good for p's. I would also go with either 4 max 5 reds in there. IMO, with 5 full grown reds it will be tight.
True say on the 5 reds being a tight fit, but it'll be a long while before they get to be full grown.
A good 1-2years more.
Plus I'll hopefully have many more setups by then. :D

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
True say on the 5 reds being a tight fit, but it'll be a long while before they get to be full grown.
A good 1-2years more.
Oh I agree it would take a year or two before they become full grown or to out grow that tank. Yeah, 5 reds would definitely work for a long while.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
A good 1-2years more.
[/quote]

very good combination!...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A good 1-2years more.
[/quote]

very good combination!...
[/quote]
Thank you! Compliment Accepted!

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
5 tops.

·
Registered